New Cupra or an Old LCR??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus2000uk

Yeah just checked it myself and its 6.7 - his one isn't modded. I've got DSG though as well as launch-control, so I should be able to give him a proper go!

Last edited by a moderator:

Maximus2000uk

Ohhh yeah! Its great but I'm yet to find out how many times I can do it before the warranty becomes invalid!

Maximus2000uk

Well no SEAT dealer will accept, or deny, that the system exists (not even Irfan). However, all dealers say that its a hoot, especially for something that doesnt exist:D

With BMW, in the old M3, it was possible to do 3 launch controls, and then the car had to be returned to the dealer for inspection, and at a high cost too. If you didn't take it in, the warranty would become invalid, hence my reasoning for questioning the SEAT system.

MEXCUPRAR

Mar 15, 2006
LCR all the way...I have tried both standard and true the MK2 is a bit faster and a bit stiffer chasis...that youtube video is not actually representative. That is a 210... there are 225's, also tires are much better on the new cupra...I have had a go in my 225 with filter and exhaust and it pulled away very little we both had fresh tires so I think that made a difference. With my Upper front and rear strut bars the car is just as stiff.

Also remember the LCR chasis was hailed by many technicians its weak link was the suspension.

Also for what LCR's are costing these days the extra £££ of a cupra you can use to tune an LCR to a better standard.

IMHO its also better looking, better sounding and far more unique as the LC looks like an egg or a normal leon and even a VW golf.

One of my best freinds father owns several Audi, VW, Seat as well as the Porsche dealerships in Mexico City...his weekend racing team runs LCRs when I asked why they hadn't changed to MK2 they said they prefered the LCR for several reasons...insight from pro's.

Lee M

I love the LCR, but echo the comments made above. My last car was not an LCR, but instead was a 2004 Toledo 1.8T tuned to beat most tuned LCR's.

However, as nice and good as an LCR is, the LC is superior in most ways. Also, if you put a standard LCR on a 1/4 mile strip against a standard new LC, this is what happens;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCfdtKQLkgE

And the MK2 Cupra looks good too - I never added the Aero bumpers as I dislike them the same as you appear to :)

6612271234.jpg

6612271394.jpg

6612271396.jpg

6612271231.jpg

6612271244.jpg

And yes, they have been known to smoke Asbo's, VXR's, Subarus and the likes. Underestimate them at your peril and think about the fact you need a GT28 on an LCR to match the performance of a well mapped and modified MK2 LC with its standard turbo.

Thats a 210 model not a 225 in the vid...........probably makes ar*e all difference though :)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Very interesting read, good points for the new one, gotta say the only thing that would ever put me off the new one is the looks, but seems it's a much better car, and being one for gadgets.. They've pretty much sold the idea.. What a shame I won't be looking to change car again for a fair while =[

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
LCR all the way...I have tried both standard and true the MK2 is a bit faster and a bit stiffer chasis...that youtube video is not actually representative. That is a 210... there are 225's, also tires are much better on the new cupra...I have had a go in my 225 with filter and exhaust and it pulled away very little we both had fresh tires so I think that made a difference. With my Upper front and rear strut bars the car is just as stiff.

Also remember the LCR chasis was hailed by many technicians its weak link was the suspension.

Also for what LCR's are costing these days the extra £££ of a cupra you can use to tune an LCR to a better standard.

IMHO its also better looking, better sounding and far more unique as the LC looks like an egg or a normal leon and even a VW golf.

One of my best freinds father owns several Audi, VW, Seat as well as the Porsche dealerships in Mexico City...his weekend racing team runs LCRs when I asked why they hadn't changed to MK2 they said they prefered the LCR for several reasons...insight from pro's.

wow, good write up, about time someone stood up for the LCR....:bleh:

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
well this has got to mean something at least...:cry:

Yes, it means that Mexican race car drivers are either as mad as a snake, or that his team is strapped for cash :D

Also why has the works team gone faster in the Mk2, could it be that, in the hands of a capable driver, the Mk2 just handles better and goes faster....

Igor23

Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
The LCR is a nice car, just getting a bit long in the tooth, performance wise, you just need to spend a rather large sum of money to get the very best out of it, judging by your sig....

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
btw most people spend alot turning there cars into something that works best for them, cars coming straight out of a factory are always gonna be built to a budget, if SEAT had put a few more things on the car and sold it for £20000 back in 2002/3 it would of been one of the best cars around...

Igor23

Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Remap, DV, Exhaust, CAI, springs, wheels, those are the major mods, don't really count rear lights or spoilers as major mods, and 310-20 bhp is fine by me :D

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
this is what im saying to you mate, you say the cupras handling is better- but you have modified the suspension..so it cant be as great as you make out..can it...i havent even touched mine yet, but i know this needs to be sorted..its like the guy said earlier SEAT knew the weak link was the suspension, it was no great secret

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Everyone who replied on here having previously owned an LCR and moved to a Mk2 Cupra has said that they loved their LCR. I can't see how this is classed as slating the car. :shrug:

Things move on - it's the way of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.