Stuart_cupra

Aug 28, 2010
Bromley, Kent
ive seen them for 500 quid on ebay but doesnt mention what tyres. Whilst the falken ones may not be the best id rather them than some of the budget rubbish wheel shops put on. Think i can convince the wife that 560 for wheels and tyres instead of 500 for tyres is a good deal

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
What company are you getting them from? If it's eBay. Phone them up and order them by card and they will give you a discount at there is no eBay or paypal fees for them. I did this on just my alloys and got £20 off. Every little helps.

Stuart_cupra

Aug 28, 2010
Bromley, Kent
Its wheelbase mate, the price on ebay is miles cheaper than the price on their website too. Good call though might well be worth trying that. Leaves me with about 500 quid to get some lowering springs and do some other bits, but not a remap. Just got to decide what.

Pyro

I like them ;)
8255c75c.jpg

Stuart_cupra

Aug 28, 2010
Bromley, Kent
ok Sam, well to start it all off, i have approx 1400 quid to spend. This must include :

Tax
4 tyres/wheel package
Jetex filter
Adaptor pipe to push filter closer to wing (blue)
Forge 007p valve.
Lowering springs.

So, taking into account fitting costs (spanners dont agree with me) it should leave a nice sum for a few other bits. Just pricing everything up but being new to seat, am trying to find the best places to shop. Any copanies that offer us members discounts on products?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
ok Sam, well to start it all off, i have approx 1400 quid to spend. This must include :

Tax
4 tyres/wheel package
Jetex filter
Adaptor pipe to push filter closer to wing (blue)
Forge 007p valve.
Lowering springs.

So, taking into account fitting costs (spanners dont agree with me) it should leave a nice sum for a few other bits. Just pricing everything up but being new to seat, am trying to find the best places to shop. Any copanies that offer us members discounts on products?

Whats tax now £230?
4 wheels and tyres £500
Jetex Filter £50
Silicon pipe £12
Forge Vlave £80
Lower springs £100

I wouldn't fit lowering springs to standard shocks, there prob past there best on a 03 plate car, you'd be better off with a cheap shocks and springs set for £2-250

Check out forum sponsors.

Pyro

Most companys That advertise on the site mate forge awesome gti and more my wheel arnt sort they a million and 1 pot holes in swindon and ok so far ;)

jamiebennett81

Why are replicas cheaper?

Cheap wheels is always a concern for me, as it's a critical component, it's not something I like to scrimp on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Badger 5 for the jetex and adaptor, around £65 all in I think.
Awsome gti for the forge 007p , around £70 for the awsome gti edition
Dpm for shocks, not sure on the prices. All these companies are sponsors of this forum so there nice and easy to find.

Stuart_cupra

Aug 28, 2010
Bromley, Kent
Thats interesting to know Unclefester, thanks for that. Im not dead set on the RS6 reps, im just thinking of doing the wheels now when i have to buy the tyres anyway, save some money. it will help when the car is actually on the driveway, ill get a better idea of what i think will suit it

Pyro

Why are replicas cheaper?

Cheap wheels is always a concern for me, as it's a critical component, it's not something I like to scrimp on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reps are cheeper coz there a copy of someone else the quality of the wheel/metal is all to a specific standard set buy law ect but you will find that the proper wheel far exceed this standard erred reps very often just meet it

Stuart_cupra

Aug 28, 2010
Bromley, Kent
i had 19" replicas on my audi A3, believe it was one of the first sets in the country in that size and they were as good as gold. if i can pick them up for 500 quid, ill always have the originals in the shed with some legal tread if things get desperate. (currently got 2mm front, 3mm rear)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.