My RAID LED rear lights... (56k warning!)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
ur a star pete!

il pm u my address :yes:

as for a write up with pics once done... not a prob! :)

PawnStar

This is all really interesting... I'm seriously considering getting those LED rear lights. J@mes, please let us know when you get it sorted, all the best of luck to you...

:D

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
thanks, and yes il let u guys know.. but at the mo i have fcuk all time to spend on my car! :(

i recon i wont get a chance to fit the diodes until next weekend!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
pete... any news on the diodes? :confused:

was hoping i would know which ones i need and go maplins to buy and fit some on friday! ;)

james :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
maplins...

i went to maplins and had a 30min chat with the manger there (god does he talk! :blink: ) about my LED situation.

he seamed to know wat he was talking about and he didnt think a diode would cure my problem, but at 22p for the one he reccommended (think its was 1amp or 1ohm, not sure) i thought it was worth a shot!

diode.jpg

sure enough he was right it didnt work! :(

he said wat i should do is meassure the ampage/voltage of each wire to the 3rd brake light and then find which one is causing it to glow and then block the one off and scotch lock the power wire of the 3rd brake light to the brake light of my lights... so when i brake the power goes to the 3rd brake light!

tbh he did confuse me a lot, and i cant be bothered with all that millarky! :think:

i was thinking... when i plugged one of my standard bulb circuits back in it stopped the glowing... and u Gaz said that maybe wiring a 12v bulb into the brake line may cure my prob... i wonder if that is worth a shot? :confused: :shrug:

james :(

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
gaz u comin to the kent meet 2mo? maybe u could bring one of ur spare bulb holders?! ;)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
think iv worked it out!

just spoke to my m8 and it seams not only did i wire up the diode the wrong way round :rolleyes: but i also need two not one!

this is how i should have done it...

ledprob.jpg

so hopefully on sat il have time to buy another one and try again! :D

FINGERS CROSSED EVERYONE! :yes:

james :)

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
james mate kept meanin to post but I''d found nothing odd checked with meter and it all looked normal, by normal I mean I could see nothing that should have caused the issue! That circuit looks fine but I'll ask techie types at work Why the F it makes a difference cos I'm too dumb to understand Sorry!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
i fitted the diode the wrong way round (i think!) but the point is i only fitted ONE diode when i NEED two!

u need two because otherwise the power can still leak around to the 3rd brake light!

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
J@mes said:
i fitted the diode the wrong way round (i think!) but the point is i only fitted ONE diode when i NEED two!

u need two because otherwise the power can still leak around to the 3rd brake light!

Did you manage to get it working with two diods on each side and no resisitors. Thinking of buying those brake rear light but don´t want problems

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
have a search m8, must be in another thread... rob got a sparky m8 to work it out and now i have 2 resistors (think 6ohms each) fitted and jobs a gooden! :yes:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
J@mes said:
have a search m8, must be in another thread... rob got a sparky m8 to work it out and now i have 2 resistors (think 6ohms each) fitted and jobs a gooden! :yes:

Thanx James

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise