cupra tdi with revo or similar?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I knew you would say that... but you would be the first one to say the problems with that... you have in the past when a FR+ owner says buy this instead...

The interior, the seat covering, the steering wheels, the struts and suspension set up, the ARB thicknesses... the wheels are 18" on the Cupra R and the FR+ had 17" versions... that just the tip of the ICEBERG that is floating your way saying that Cupra R TDI was the FR TDI...[B)]

EDIT: Rob, depends where the playground is, to far away and your be in and out of petrol stations there.... TDI will be one tank... (yup I'm as bad as him.. but he started it!! :lol: )
But hey, must calm down, could get told off by a mod for all this.. lol

But yeah Chris has the idea... a Sticky with the comparsion!! and maybe on the sticky, items needed or missing between the cars.. for people wanted to know the difference... maybe we need to photoshoot a Cupra R and an FR/FR+ to show pictures of the differences.:think:
Hehe :)

Totally agree with this, I spent 800 or so i the car so far and it has been totally transformed. I went out with my friend last Sunday and drove each others cars (LCR and FR TDI). Both came to the conclusion that the mods I done made the car handle better than the LCR. Seat instead of charging more for the FR+ should have like good ole Slick said...better seats, steering wheel, suspension...etc...

I'd be up for doing that but mine is modding now although still has same FR styling and alloys i suppose.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I'm just thinking, do we each need a copy of it?

Some of the things up there are factual, so only one of us needs to fill in the info. Things like fuel economy can be worked out as per the new thread I created. Things like servicing costs we can get from a couple of Seat dealers and take the average.

How about.... Chris... fill in the bits of info you know, such as TDi redline, top speed, 0-60, Tax prices and anything else factual that isn't going to change per-person. Send it to me and I'll do the same for the LCR. Then I'll host it and ask for people to check it over to see if they disagree with anything.

In the mean time, we can approach a couple of Seat dealers (perhaps one in the north, one in the midlands and one in the south?) and then take an average of the three prices.

Then do the same for an insurance company... I'm sure somebody like Greenlight wouldn't mind, or one of the forum sponsors, if we agreed to put 'prices kindly donated by....' at the end of it.

Sound ok?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Sounds like a plan Rob... just need to make sure the insurance bit has an average person on it kinda thing.. has points not that many years NCB and driveway etc... and need to do a remapped and standard speed times too i think, to show the difference the remap makes, in real life on the tarmac...

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Sounds like a plan Rob... just need to make sure the insurance bit has an average person on it kinda thing.. has points not that many years NCB and driveway etc... and need to do a remapped and standard speed times too i think, to show the difference the remap makes, in real life on the tarmac...
Well Slick yours and mine is a prime example to test on tarmac...as mine isnt remapped yet.

Last edited:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Well Slick yours and mind is a prime example to test on tarmac...as mine isnt remapped yet.

Hmm, well its close tocall that Maz mate.. as i have a ATB diff, a Sach clutch and bigger tyres etc etc.. so i have a marginal advantage over a "normal" Remap TDi...
maybe the better idea is to time urs before and after the remap, or find someone "about" to remap there TDI to do the comparasion.. and the same for the LCR!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton

I've just been in touch with Neil @ Greenlight to ask for an 'average' quote on each. I've basically said we don't want it based on an 18 year old living in a crime zone, but nor do we want it based on a 55 year old Vicar living in the country. Something relevant!

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Few of my Q's....

FR TDI only

Standard torque (lb/ft)
Peak Torque (RPM) - think it's about 3.5k, need a RR graph maybe ??
6 months tax? - I know the 12 months, just not the 6 monther
Disc size?
Who makes the brakes? (standard Seat ?)

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
It would be good for comparison though, as it's a standard size anyway from new.............it would be good to inc as much as possible to give all the info asked in the forums & cut down on repetitive threads ?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Few of my Q's....

FR TDI only

Standard torque (lb/ft)
Peak Torque (RPM) - think it's about 3.5k, need a RR graph maybe ??
6 months tax? - I know the 12 months, just not the 6 monther
Disc size?
Who makes the brakes? (standard Seat ?)
236lb/ft
Peak torque i think is 1900rpm
6months road tax is exactly half of the yearly one.
brake disc size 288mm. I believe they are from the Golf Mk4 GTI's so made by VW (i think).

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
236lb/ft
Peak torque i think is 1900rpm
6months road tax is exactly half of the yearly one.
brake disc size 288mm. I believe they are from the Golf Mk4 GTI's so made by VW (i think).

CORRECT all above.

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Surprising how much attention a lot of you pay!

I bought my Leon as it did everything I wanted, got bored of it chipped it.

So now my "girly" car is a LCR with a more attractive body and 4wd.

Come on admit it, you want my ass?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.