cupra tdi with revo or similar?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I would. That's about a tank of fuel for the LCR, so one fill up a week. The TDi would do half that again.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
I agree, I really do. And you're spot on about the fact that improvements in technology and engineering have made the TDi options a tempting performance car as well as an economical cruiser.

As I've said before, I looked at the TDi when shopping for cars. Not because I needed good fuel economy, but because I though if the performance was the same, why spend more money to get it? Nobody wants to spend more money on fuel and no LCR owner would be upset if suddenly their car started doing 40MPG!

But in the end it came down to personal preference. I was lucky as my mileage doesn't mean I have to worry about fuel economy too much. It's an issue, for sure, and anything worse than the LCR is a definite no-no. But the LCR was fine and that allowed me to chose the car I personally felt was better for me.

But I did this knowing the facts. I had driven each car, I knew the facts, figures and potential - in terms of mods - and I made my decision based upon that.

There is only so much you can find out through a forum... you really need to drive standard examples of both or else you'll never be able to make up your mind.

This is where Seat should have brought out a TDI Cupra R then it would have stopped all this.. its Seats Fault... LOL Same spec except the the engines... meaning alot easier to figure if you like the 5k limit and mpg, all the 7k rev limit and "faster" pace! :D

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
What would you consider to be high millage? I do about 290ish miles a week in my LCR, would you consider that high?

OK make this clearer...

if money spent of fuel is a problem... e.g. you do anything over 12k a year and dont wanna/cant pay out £50 a week to just drive it... dont get a Cupra, your find you cant drive it as you cant afford it...

If that makes sense.. if your money bags it wont apply, and skip this post.. and buy a Cupra R and do as many miles you want! :lol:

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
I would. That's about a tank of fuel for the LCR, so one fill up a week. The TDi would do half that again.

I do fill up every week but I'm very, very rarely on less than 1/4 tank (usually half way between 1/4 and 1/2). I always fill up with V-Power and on a bad week (if I do 330miles) ill shell out in the region of £47ish and on a good week £40ish (if I do 290 miles)

I don't drive the car slowly either. If the opportunity is there (ie road is clear) I will put my foot down, hard lol!

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Rob - I like the sticky idea mate :D

Shall we fill in/update the below, and when agreed, we'll make a new thread that can be stickied & updated ?

Might cut down on the same threads being posted time & time again.

...............................................................Cupra R.................................FR TDI

Standard BHP
Remapped BHP
Standard Torque
Remapped Torque
MPG - Taking it easy
MPG - Mixed driving
MPG - Hammering it
0-60 Standard
0-60 Remapped
Redline
Peak Torque (RPM)
Servicing Costs (10k)
Servicing Costs (20k)
Servicing Costs (30k)
Servicing Costs (40k)
Servicing Costs (50k)
Servicing Costs (60k)
Servicing Costs (70k)
Servicing Costs (80k)
Servicing Costs (90k+)
Tax - 6 Months
Tax - 12 Months
Ave Price 1L Fuel
Ave Price Tank
Ave Miles from tank
Ave Insurance costs (criteria to be defined)
1 x New Tyre cost (make to be defined)

Anything else ?

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Slick... you'll hate me for this... but... they did sort of do a Cupra R TDi... called the FR+ :lol:

Well, it had the right body styling at least....

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Rob - I like the sticky idea mate :D

Shall we fill in/update the below, and when agreed, we'll make a new thread that can be stickied & updated ?

Cupra R FR TDI

Standard BHP
Remapped BHP
Standard Torque
Remapped Torque
MPG - Taking it easy
MPG - Mixed driving
MPG - Hammering it
0-60 Standard
0-60 Remapped
Redline
Peak Torque (RPM)
Servicing Costs (10k)
Servicing Costs (20k)
Servicing Costs (30k)
Servicing Costs (40k)
Servicing Costs (50k)
Servicing Costs (60k)
Servicing Costs (70k)
Servicing Costs (80k)
Servicing Costs (90k+)
Tax - 6 Months
Tax - 12 Months
Ave Price 1L Fuel
Ave Price Tank
Ave Miles from tank
Ave Insurance costs (criteria to be defined)
1 x New Tyre cost (make to be defined)

Anything else ?

Good idea, although some things will vary. For instance, service costs will vary from one Seat dealer to the next and then you have independent garages to consider too. So in that instance it might be best to leave it out, or chose one dealer and get a price from each?

Insurance costs is another that will vary, but perhaps we could approach Greenlight or a forum insurance sponsor and ask them if they would be willing to provide an 'example' quote for us?

Edit: I'm more than happy to collect this sort of info, but perhaps a couple of us should do what we can and come together with the results afterwards?

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Brilliant idea Chris.

Not just for potential owners but current owners aswell!

Can we still have a fight in the playground though? :lol: just kidding! :shrug:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Slick... you'll hate me for this... but... they did sort of do a Cupra R TDi... called the FR+ :lol:

Well, it had the right body styling at least....

I knew you would say that... but you would be the first one to say the problems with that... you have in the past when a FR+ owner says buy this instead...

The interior, the seat covering, the steering wheels, the struts and suspension set up, the ARB thicknesses... the wheels are 18" on the Cupra R and the FR+ had 17" versions... that just the tip of the ICEBERG that is floating your way saying that Cupra R TDI was the FR TDI...[B)]

EDIT: Rob, depends where the playground is, to far away and your be in and out of petrol stations there.... TDI will be one tank... (yup I'm as bad as him.. but he started it!! :lol: )
But hey, must calm down, could get told off by a mod for all this.. lol

But yeah Chris has the idea... a Sticky with the comparsion!! and maybe on the sticky, items needed or missing between the cars.. for people wanted to know the difference... maybe we need to photoshoot a Cupra R and an FR/FR+ to show pictures of the differences.:think:

Last edited:

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Rob we can both do 70 :p

Unless we are arranging this fight on a private runway? ;)

I dont mind helping out getting information if required.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I've just started a thread to get info on fuel consumption. Will do something similar if needed for the other questions :)

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Surely it could be put in a post sticky.. failing that.. sure someone on the site could host the file... Pabs etc.. if you ask him nicely...?

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I mean just to host it so you guys can download it & fill in the info - cant format properly in a post on here....

Rob, pm me your email addy mate

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
ps - feel free to add in any of the other bits for now. Anyone else can take a look & post in here the answers, and Rob can update & re-host if he doesn't mind.

Once we have the full info, we'll either get Mork to host & Sticky it, or we'll find a way of posting/formatting in the Stickied thread :D