a couple of turbo Q's

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
gt30r is a gt3076r,quite a few evo's with forged 2.0's running 500bhp with v-power.
Hows yours going bill ready for next year? Norris is changing his spec to something special! No doubt will be rapid.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Lol, thanks Bill:D

What do you run on yours these days???TD06 or something???

FP Red currently.
being replaced over the winter by something else garrett... and externally gated.

DTA S60 ecu also, dbw (new), antilag, 8 injectors, launch control, traction control etc etc etc all the b0ll0x hoepfully.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
gt30r is a gt3076r,quite a few evo's with forged 2.0's running 500bhp with v-power.
Hows yours going bill ready for next year? Norris is changing his spec to something special! No doubt will be rapid.

driving lessons first perhaps.
he will just crash faster otherwise. ;)

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
lol,a bit of rivalry makes it all the more interesting!
Running autronics on my evo now,launch control,switchable antilag etc,good bit of kit.
Garratt sounds good mate,gt3076r top choice,external gate will hold boost very well.

caney

Apr 24, 2005
FP Red currently.
being replaced over the winter by something else garrett... and externally gated.

DTA S60 ecu also, dbw (new), antilag, 8 injectors, launch control, traction control etc etc etc all the b0ll0x hoepfully.
:blink: KEEERCHING:D Bill the fp red,what are you hitting full boost by? this would fit nicely with my set up:p. i need a turbo that will make 400+!

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
bill, the new set up sounds interesting to say the least! lots of head scratching to come lol

minimivic, ive already started on the 1.9 just trying to sort turbo. are you not worryed about lag on 1.8 with gt30??

hows yours going steve? who did you use to bore your block?

HoocH

minimivic

Drives a 16v mini
Aug 26, 2006
Dorset
www.btinternet.com
bill, the new set up sounds interesting to say the least! lots of head scratching to come lol

minimivic, ive already started on the 1.9 just trying to sort turbo. are you not worryed about lag on 1.8 with gt30??

hows yours going steve? who did you use to bore your block?

HoocH

I'm used to keeping the revs up (honda vtec) and no low down power, so the lag doesnt bother me. With the right tune it should be OK.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
thats interesting as greig didnt seem to know who you used....knowin greig he probly couldnt be arse to tell me who is was lol

minimivic.. very true...ive also ownd a b16 engined car (all the lag none of the boost:lol::cartman:)

has a 1.8t ever been in a mini before that you know of?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
:blink: KEEERCHING:D Bill the fp red,what are you hitting full boost by? this would fit nicely with my set up:p. i need a turbo that will make 400+!

FP Red is laggier than the green by 500rpm.
green gave me 1bar at 3500rpm and off gauge by 4200rpm

Greens more drivable than the red, but with your 4wd you can use it all when it comes in, unlike mine.

400+ is easy on either of them.
suggest you have race valve springs as they luv to rev..
peak power at limiter.
solid lifter head on my list to extend to 9krpm if I need to.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
gt35 then?? Although might be a bit big for a 1.9.

lol, and people were saying GT28's were to big for 1.8T not so long ago.
FP Red uses a GT35 comp wheel remember. Thats been fine.
roller bearing (uprated by Mark) on new one.
we will have to see.

its no k03s spool for sure, but then again is goes on to deliver x3 more power

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
just going on what i know ,i've driven a evo 2.0l with gt3076r circa 525bhp on v-power and it took a little bit too get going but was a rocket on boost.I guess you are crossing the line between track and road car so if you have a 5-8k powerband that is fine for track but not so good for the road.Personally i think the set-up above is as much as you would want for a road car or a 2.2/2.3l with a gt35 should see 550-570bhp on v-power.
How much power to become unusable as a 2wd fwd car?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
just going on what i know ,i've driven a evo 2.0l with gt3076r circa 525bhp on v-power and it took a little bit too get going but was a rocket on boost.I guess you are crossing the line between track and road car so if you have a 5-8k powerband that is fine for track but not so good for the road.Personally i think the set-up above is as much as you would want for a road car or a 2.2/2.3l with a gt35 should see 550-570bhp on v-power.
How much power to become unusable as a 2wd fwd car?

mine has'nt been a road car for a couple of years. or have'nt you noticed ;)

road legal yea, road car? nah...

my power is 4.5k to 8.5k with more to come (k03 2k to 5k before its out of puff)
we will see how spool goes. comp wheel is'nt much different to what I already run. dual BB on the garrett tho, which the fp red does'nt have.

as for power, some bikes a month or so ago, saw exactly what high power fwd can do on the road on road tyres as they eat my exhaust fumes. close to 8krpm in 6th before I bottled it.

It will be run to a level which I have traction for, same as this year.. turned it down and went faster for it. Fully mappable proper ecu will enable so much more.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
sky's the limit turbo wise then,the guy who mapped mine is running a gt4088 in a evo weighing about 1000kg,roughly 650-700bhp on race fuel!!!
btw are you on the race fuel??

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
not allowed race fuel. pump gas only. (tho the evo's refuel from sonoco 25l cans of "special brew")
V-Power is what I run.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.