my mates 130 ibiza

brad1

I think what we have to consider is that Strugers is one of the first to bypass the pancake pipe and have his piping all changed to Allards. He hasn't got the boost leaks associated with the stock system and I would put money that makes a big difference.

If one of us 150PD boys changed our piping and bypassed the pancake pipe, who's to say we wont gain another 10bhp like Strugers did? Hit 200BHP...

There is a 150 PD Golf with just a 2.5" Miltek system and a remap who hit 196BHP...add better piping and I'd say he'd easily get 200BHP.

No one knows yet....

i totally agree, as stated earlier on today in this thread, i still think quite a bit of that 17bhp has come from the by pass of the pancake pipe, only thing we can do is remove the pancake pipe from your car or festers and see what difference it makes, removing i think your car could most possibly hit 200bhp, but who knows until its done on a 150.....
here you go maz, here a challenge or task for you to do before the next meet ;)

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
do you know what.. fair play to you all, atleast your modding! the most ive done is a custom sub box and thats still a work in progress.
remap to come bonus time though

brad1

i think the pancake is part of the system to restrict the power, i rekon gains of 5 - 10bhp will be seen when removing this, im tempeted to make my own silicone pipes up and remove my plastic cr@ppy one :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
i totally agree, as stated earlier on today in this thread, i still think quite a bit of that 17bhp has come from the by pass of the pancake pipe, only thing we can do is remove the pancake pipe from your car or festers and see what difference it makes, removing i think your car could most possibly hit 200bhp, but who knows until its done on a 150.....
here you go maz, here a challenge or task for you to do before the next meet ;)
Hehe...I will try mate. I think Pat's is our best hope at the moment. I spent a lot of money this year already on the car.

I am selling things to so the piping gets paid for. Tell car I want my money LOL! :)

brad1

Hehe...I will try mate. I think Pat's is our best hope at the moment. I spent a lot of money this year already on the car.

I am selling things to so the piping gets paid for. Tell car I want my money LOL! :)

cool cool, i will tell him lol, come southend saturday night, and you will be able to get the money lol, quite a few of us are going
its in the meeting section.

i think you will see a big gain mate, just think twice as much air will be flowing through a bigger pipe ;)

strugers1

well i need a turbo refurb as my already ill turbo has got worse overnight it souns like the fans of the turbo are hitting the turbo casing and its not sounding good!!

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
well i need a turbo refurb as my already ill turbo has got worse overnight it souns like the fans of the turbo are hitting the turbo casing and its not sounding good!!

That's becuase your running too much boost through the standard turbo :ban:

This pancake thing, what does it do and why have you took it off, maybe thats why your Turbo is fooked?

Remember its not the peak/highest bhp its the area underneath the graph, the bigger the area the better, and preferably smooth

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
That's becuase your running too much boost through the standard turbo :ban:

This pancake thing, what does it do and why have you took it off, maybe thats why your Turbo is fooked?

Remember its not the peak/highest bhp its the area underneath the graph, the bigger the area the better, and preferably smooth
you mean like this? :)

AmDRR130708.jpg

strugers1

well the boost aint gone up since my map the only thing i one is run the turbo cooler aint touche the boost!!an the turbo been dodgy for ages!!

strugers1

so running the turbo running cooler will give more power without touching boost woul it not??

strugers1

your not getting me when i got it mapped it hit 176 since then i just made the car run more eficiant!! eg running the turbo cooler will give bhp due to getting more dense air!! so the boost is fine its just breathing better an running cooler an my engine one 40k now so the engine is settling in too