Cant decide on colour...Need photos of Red or Black FR

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Nope but i might go to my local seat dealer tomorrow and see what they got there :)
Now thats some thing to be pride of :) might be the only blue cupra with black wheels :)
Red i can see is winning a lot.

You'll never be able to pick up a blue one then :(

Afaik they were only bought in sometime in 2008 and they are very very rare. So I'm sure you'd only be able to get one with a new order.

I've never seen another blue Cupra or FR. Don't think I've seen another blue Cupra on here even. Although in the colour poll a few others have said they have blues. I might have the only blue Cupra with black wheels in the country :D

Out of the red and black I'd go for red. I don't think they photo that well (can look a bit off colour, probably depends on the camera ;)) but in person they look really good.

The black FR has around 41,000 miles. Yes that whats i mean well over average. Both are 07 cars! If it was 30k i wouldnt be so bothered. See i would go esle were but for my audi a3 1.6 s-line they offered me £8k cash back or part exchange :)
Hmm maybe if i speak to the mother she may have my a3 and i'll part ex her little fiesta and go to a seat leon garage. They did say if i find the same car cheaper they give me the difference so i will look!

Ashley

What sort of mileage has the black FR done? 40,000 seems alot and well over the average. I brought my FR 8 months ago on a 07 plate for less than 10k and it had only done 11,000 miles. What age is the car?

You should be able to get a better deal than that looking at the miles the car has done.

Yellow would be a straight no for me friends for a 2.0 tdi seat leon stylance k1 only 140 bhp.

sorry but
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

you know its got to be yellow all the way.

What colours are worth more than others? Thanks

Ashley

By the way, with regard to colour, some are worth less than others when it comes to selling, and yellow is the biggest love it or hate it colour.

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Thanks for the photos :) very nice and clean car. Red seens to be best choice for me

And here is my Red one:)

P3150429.jpg

P4050313.jpg

Seeing your car makes me want mine more!
Red is winning by a mile tints, black badge, grill and black alloys lovely :)
What make are the alloys you have? Nice looking car by the way!

Gotta be red ;)

28022009155.jpg

Greerso

Nov 14, 2008
Belfast
At your age you can afford to make a few motoring mistakes :)

What I want to know is what Rob66 uses to polish his :drool:

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Thanks for the photos of the car, looks great, i saw your signature 250 hopefully. Your car a FR? If you could pm with details about your project as im quite interested.

Lol i cant ha!
Well lets ask him ROB66 what product do you use on your car? :) please

At your age you can afford to make a few motoring mistakes :)

What I want to know is what Rob66 uses to polish his :drool:

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
If I didn't get my white one at the time i'd have probably got a black one. But after seeing how good some of the red ones look on here if I had a black one I'd have regretted not getting a red one myself.

So if you want my input stick with the red!

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
It's got to be Red as they are easier to keep clean and will hide any imperfections i.e, scratches, swirl marks, stone chips etc etc.

I bought the other half a brand new Citreon C1 in Metallic Black in January and it's a nightmare to keep clean. It has small scratches on it already. I've always wanted a Black car and I'm glad I didn't buy the FR I was looking at the same time when looking at the Cupra.

Good Luck!

DSCF1690.jpg

DSCF1695-1.jpg

DSCF1689-1.jpg

DSCF1688-1.jpg

DSCF1687-1.jpg

DSCF1682-1.jpg

Cheers

RickyD

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
my last 2 cars were red , my last car was a red mk1 Cupra and that was a nice car and shape for red.
When i was looking for a mk2 Cupra i saw a few black and grey models and tbh none floated my boat , even today on the road if i drive past a grey car or black i dont give it a second look :(
i was looking at red , yellow or white although white was like hens teeth when i was looking.

Reason i got yellow was it was specced as i wanted and was the right price and i was in the right place at the right time , also having owned it for nearly a year a still find angles that show off the lines of the car to great extend.
My girl friend has a black FR and it doesnt really show the lines off imho
if i was going to buy again today it would have to be white but tbh i dont fancy the nightmare of keeping it clean , had a white car before and it was a nightmare to keep clean.
dj horace posted about the value of some colours being worth less , but tbh thats going by dealers cause they say yellow is an aquired taste and sell it cheaper , but if you want a specific colour you will pay for it, my local dealer rekons grey is the most popular colour , if i was about 90 and colour blind i might of bought 1 :blink:

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
Whichever colour you get make sure you get the 18" wheels! I had a black one have some photos when i'd cleaned unless you've seen enough ;)

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Hi all

Supoose to have the car tuesday or wednesday went down there aand they lost all the paper work. And then changing cash back price.
In the end more a less told them to stuff the car :) as its overpriced and miles ar too high.
Instead found a nice black 57 plate FR 14,077 miles £12,299 :) So going to view it today hopefully have the car next week, but got to be moved down to south wales as its in england at the moment.
I did go my local seat leon and was really close to putting a deposit on it. Brand new 2009 FR Oranage 18's blue tooth but they took it away yesterday to have a body kit put on it. And the car only £14,000 but thats a bit too rich for my blood.
I did really want red but there none within 60miles of my address. Ohh and there a speed blue FR at one of the local garages 500miles 09 £16,999 :D:-o Now that looked nice. So hopefully a week tomorrow i'll have the a car!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foxy none of the ones in my price ranage and low miles have the 18! Think its pretty poor that the FR doesnt come with standard 18 and comes with 17! How boring so first thing will be some 18' with are on my audi at the moment. Do any of you know the offset and ET size of alloys that will fit the FR? Foxy some photo's would be nice :) never enough mate ha! thanks

Whichever colour you get make sure you get the 18" wheels! I had a black one have some photos when i'd cleaned unless you've seen enough ;)

Hi
Ahh not good if you dont give them a second look on the road! lol
I do want red but there none around with low miles!
Thats fair enough yellow has every thing you wanted, still enjoying the colour?

my last 2 cars were red , my last car was a red mk1 Cupra and that was a nice car and shape for red.
When i was looking for a mk2 Cupra i saw a few black and grey models and tbh none floated my boat , even today on the road if i drive past a grey car or black i dont give it a second look :(
i was looking at red , yellow or white although white was like hens teeth when i was looking. lmao if you was 90 and blind!
Thanks for the comments, they have helped alot

Ashley

Reason i got yellow was it was specced as i wanted and was the right price and i was in the right place at the right time , also having owned it for nearly a year a still find angles that show off the lines of the car to great extend.
My girl friend has a black FR and it doesnt really show the lines off imho
if i was going to buy again today it would have to be white but tbh i dont fancy the nightmare of keeping it clean , had a white car before and it was a nightmare to keep clean.
dj horace posted about the value of some colours being worth less , but tbh thats going by dealers cause they say yellow is an aquired taste and sell it cheaper , but if you want a specific colour you will pay for it, my local dealer rekons grey is the most popular colour , if i was about 90 and colour blind i might of bought 1 :blink:

Very nice looking car, love the alloys good taste. I do want a red car but all the ones i find are either high miles or stupid price! Or have been sold! :( lol
Black at the moment looks like be the colour i'm having 100% i would like a red one!

Thanks for your comments and photo Ricky, great looking car

Ashley

It's got to be Red as they are easier to keep clean and will hide any imperfections i.e, scratches, swirl marks, stone chips etc etc.

I bought the other half a brand new Citreon C1 in Metallic Black in January and it's a nightmare to keep clean. It has small scratches on it already. I've always wanted a Black car and I'm glad I didn't buy the FR I was looking at the same time when looking at the Cupra.

Good Luck!

Cheers

RickyD

Last edited:

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Surely if you like the colour of that orange one it's worth paying £1000 more to get a car that's 1.5 years newer, 14000 miles less and has the 18s? :D

That dealer with the speed blue FR is taking the piss. I only paid that much for my cupra with 20 miles on the clock, black wheels, bluetooth and conv pack :|

Anyway, he's 2 more pics of my car when it's actually clean and it's daytime!

leoncupra1.jpg

leoncupra2.jpg

Greerso

Nov 14, 2008
Belfast
That dealer with the speed blue FR is taking the piss. I only paid that much for my cupra with 20 miles on the clock, black wheels, bluetooth and conv pack :|

Some dealers are better at that than others - dealer in Belfast quoted me 17.5K for a 3 month old Speed Blue ex-demo earlier in the year - :-o

Greerso

Nov 14, 2008
Belfast
Dealer I bought from twice before - both new cars - emailed me about a deal he thought I'd be interested in - I replyed saying I'd just bought elsewhere - silence, no more emails.

Would have respected him more if he had of said good luck or maybe next time or whatever - as though he's fallen out with me.

It's a short term view because lets face it we're all going to be buying another car sooner or later and you'll be back to the dealer you respect enough to say he's the best in the country.

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
just had mine cleaned n it looks the bollocks. wait for red son. btw just moved my fr badges from under the indicator onto the black pillars in between the doors looks different but class. pics soon

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
The orange ones did look nice, but i could only keep a colour like that for a 1 and half MAX! Get too much at time for me. I suppose i like the colour when other people have it but after a while of owning it wouldnt like it. Plus they gave me **** part ex(cash back) on my a3... lol you do make it sound good when you said 'it's worth paying £1000 more to get a car that's 1.5 years newer, 14000 miles less and has the 18s? :D' At the moment i can not afford that, i also got to pay for insurance which is £2,120! That the the cheapest gonna keep checking though!

Ha your telling me he taking the piss. Speed blue is a lovely colour though! But that much for a FR a bit much! Sounds like you got a good deal when you got your leon lol!
Hmmm the car looks lovely. Bet you love the colour! :D

Surely if you like the colour of that orange one it's worth paying £1000 more to get a car that's 1.5 years newer, 14000 miles less and has the 18s? :D

Anyway, he's 2 more pics of my car when it's actually clean and it's daytime!

leoncupra1.jpg

leoncupra2.jpg

I'm gonna try hold off till half way through June! Thats be the longest i can wait lol.
I'm not sure on what colour any more here the black one some photos i took today. Thanks for your advise mate =)

If you want red.. Hold off! There will be one about.. I had to wait a while to find mine but it really was worth waiting for the colour I wanted! :)

See thats what i hate about some dealers, just because you bought else where, they show no respect and act like little kids at times. I bought my other a3 not from my local dealer, and the sales person was fine and even said i got a good deal and said hopefully next time, and there will be a next time the S3 =) lol.

No email back tut just silence, he probably had a little moan and cry because he lost a sale. And i hate some places where people are too full on! Example dont know if any of you been carshop but they are on you like fly's on ****!
I respect my local dealer, but i HATE i repeat HATE there services and some of parts. There customer service is terrible, and they do try and get one over me because im young but not stupid:D (well i hope not) Every thing else is fine but those two parts of the business are terrible. So every time i have problems with my a3 i'll drive from Cardiff to Bridgend to go there Audi or Bristol. Because there customer service is fine and they sort all problems out.

Dealer I bought from twice before - both new cars - emailed me about a deal he thought I'd be interested in - I replyed saying I'd just bought elsewhere - silence, no more emails.

Would have respected him more if he had of said good luck or maybe next time or whatever - as though he's fallen out with me.

It's a short term view because lets face it we're all going to be buying another car sooner or later and you'll be back to the dealer you respect enough to say he's the best in the country.

Lol how come yours is the best dealer ha?

True, I did get mine from the best dealer in the country :D

i know there taking the piss with the price! I'd say between £14k-£15.5.k be a good price for it :)

Some dealers are better at that than others - dealer in Belfast quoted me 17.5K for a 3 month old Speed Blue ex-demo earlier in the year - :-o

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Photos - BLACK late 2007 (57) £12,299 14,077 miles

This is the black one i phoned up about on thursday said it was some where in england at one of there other locations. Only went to the garage today as my mum looking for a polo or corsa and partner looking for a mini or golf.

First thing i said was do you have any A3 or Leon's in. No a3 but some leons. 2.0 tfsi one was lovely to drive but insurance will kill me like it did on the a3 2.0t fsi. Bottom photos of the 2.0 tfsi was a 58plate! £14,000 some thing.
I asked if they had diesel, said come with me and he check on his system...Lucky for me it just came in half hour ago, they were not putting it on show till tuesday but i managed to get them to get it out. As it was dirty but i must say still looked good!!!! :D
09052009202.jpg

09052009203.jpg

09052009205.jpg

09052009204.jpg

09052009201.jpg

09052009206.jpg

09052009207.jpg

Not sure if its just me or where i'm looking but seats seem to lose value quick compared to audi? Well i've only looked at A3 and FR but im guessing the cupra the leon S3? If that makes sense?

thanks for the help all please tell me what you think of the black car :D

Ashley

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members