Cant decide on colour...Need photos of Red or Black FR

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Kez thanks for your input...If you could get some photos when your done thanks :D
I am trying to wait but dont think i can! I'm sure the Fr i've just at dont have the FR under the indicator or is it just a little mod?
Thanks

just had mine cleaned n it looks the bollocks. wait for red son. btw just moved my fr badges from under the indicator onto the black pillars in between the doors looks different but class. pics soon

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
A3s lose value slower because of the four rings on the front.

That black one looks good, but I really can't stand the 17" alloys, they're just ugly.

My dealer was the best because the price and service was awesome (Irfan @ M1 autos). I'm sure lots on here would agree! If only my local dealer were as good.

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Kez thanks for your input...If you could get some photos when your done thanks :D
I am trying to wait but dont think i can! I'm sure the Fr i've just at dont have the FR under the indicator or is it just a little mod?
Thanks

Wait for it! It will be worth it! :) Why would you want to drive a black Leon that blends into everything when you could wait and get a red one and stand out! :p

They come with TDI under the indicators usually.. But some people put FR badges there. :)

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Ahh thought so. I know i really do hate those standard alloys. The 18' are nice mind :)
Aww thats good then, wish most dealers were like that. I do really love the colour of your car!!! lol

A3s lose value slower because of the four rings on the front.

That black one looks good, but I really can't stand the 17" alloys, they're just ugly.

My dealer was the best because the price and service was awesome (Irfan @ M1 autos). I'm sure lots on here would agree! If only my local dealer were as good.

Lol Street i want to wait but after seeing that black ones yesterday did look really nice, gonna check out another red one and see if my heart changes lol! Red do standard out though. Ahhh thats fair enough nice little mod :D

Wait for it! It will be worth it! :) Why would you want to drive a black Leon that blends into everything when you could wait and get a red one and stand out! :p

They come with TDI under the indicators usually.. But some people put FR badges there. :)

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
:lol: Hi Guys

Thanks for the great comments yes the car is looking very RED:D

Just before I took those photos i washed the car with Megs Hyper Wash, pretty sure was polished with Blackfire Polish and then Blackfire Sealent. But i also use Carlack 68 Polish and Collinte Wax and achieve a similar result.

Best tip i know is to clay the car once every 6months or so, i use Megs Smooth Clay Kit. This enables the polish to really do its stuff on the paint and the Wax to be applied and removed really easily.

;)

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Ben

I had a Black Magic sport before the Red FR and to be honest although the black looked superb for 10mins after i had detailed it, if your keen to have your car looking better for longer i would go for the Red. Red also shows off the black FR bumpers a lot better IMO.

Both are great and you wont be disappointed.

Last edited:

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
my 17s are gettin a lot of beef haha, wel i think they r sound cos everyone has 18s dont they! be a bit different ;0. il put some pics up tomorow lads

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Heres a couple more

My Black Sport

PA040225.jpg

P1040408.jpg

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
See siggy, try 'em in both colours! :)

It's the same old story, both look good if kept clean and polished but in red and black tey do tend to show up any swirly marks/holographics and dirt very easily.

Keep them clean and with a lot of TLC you can#t go wrong with either colour.

Just a personal preference as you can see from the post everyone had recommended a different colour, even outside of you preferred options!

Good luck with purchase

rbmike

Feb 10, 2010
colour

Hi ive been reading the forums on here for a few months now. I went to my local seat dealer at the end of last summer and took the leon fr out for a test drive cos i was bored one sunday, since then ive wanted her and after a bit of saving i finally put my order in for her a few weeks ago non im wishing the days away till march till i can get my hands on her. I too had the colour problem, i was stuck between black red and white, i changed my mind that many time i thouht id finaly made my mind up untill i sat in the chair at the dealers and found my self sayin black after id been thinkin white for a few weeks. i had a black clio few years ago and loved it, cant wait to get the fr tho :)

big_richyt

Sorry Guys have to agree with Robdf!

<<<

Yellow all the way!!! :p

FR_Flavoured

While the Black FR does look great, unfortunately the colour does not do justice to the sporty lines of the Leon FR Front and Rear styled Bumpers!

This is more apparent when looking at the rear of a Red, or White (!) FR.
The Bumper 'open mouth' section just looks bigger and wder on these colour cars. But just blends in more on the Black - with Black painted bumper against the almost black centre plastic section...

So, based on that, I'd agree Red, or White might be the best colour for this car.
But saying all that.. LOVING my Black Mk2 FR, for a moody, stealthy, "dont mess with me", looking Ride. [B)] :D

All the best in picking out your FR - defo let us know what you go for - and Pics are mandatory!! ;)

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
If I was getting a car for the next couple of years then it would definately have to be white, if your in it for the longer term go with black....

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
I currently have a black FR tdi which is nearly 3 years old. I love it, but it does take a lot of keeping clean.
I recently decided change my car for a new FR and because I wanted it quickly before my next service, road tax MOT etc is due I was only offered the choice of red or luna grey.

I was going to have red but at the last minute changed my mind to luna grey. Red would have been nice, but I do think it looks good in luna grey and people tell me that it is an easy colour to keep looking clean. I'm also having 18" wheels this time I currently have the standard 17".

southyjd

Just put a holding fee down for a red one. Just gotta test drive that one and if eveything is all ok then it will be mine. I was thinking of black but as it has been said before it kinda just blends in i think. Want something a bit louder and a colour that can show off the lines of the car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.