Cant decide on colour...Need photos of Red or Black FR

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Hi every one.

New here so be easy, I've put a deposit on a red FR and always wanted a bit of a bright colour after having two dark cars and i think red stand out, when all clean etc...
But after showing my older cousin the car he thinks i should stay with a black car. He like the idea of a black car, obviously tints, maybe few black badges and dark or black alloys. My current car a lava grey audi a3 pretty dark grey and almost looks black in certain lights. So basically im having doubts really.

Just wondering if some members could be nice enough to post some photos of there red or black FR...As i have till tuesday or wednesday. Need some photos to make my mind up as i'll be keeping car for a while.

Thanks all and looking forward to getting to know the forum and the members better. Also some meets would be good aswell.

Thanks for your help

Ashley

Last edited:

Concho

Jan 6, 2008
Southport
Ask and ye shall receive...

leon1.jpg

leon2.jpg

S1050066.jpg

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Pacm0n thanks for that....Red does look the business. Red or black, if i wanted the black one think i'd have to wait 3days for it to be delivered down. But red looks soo good when it clean and sun out.
And one did stand out on the dual carriage way earlier on today!

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Any photos of a blue one? Never really crossed my mind that colour. You know what you have to do load some photos up :)

Here are the only two I've got but they're in the dark ;)

Also, it's a Cupra, not an FR. But there aren't many differences :D

cupra.jpg

cupra2.jpg

Here are the ones of it in the dealer before the black wheels were put on:

DSC01014.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

Enjoy :)

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
One thing I noticed today was that black Leons (sorry to anybody with one ;)) look really dull with the slightest bit of dirt on them. They do look great when clean though.

Other colours (except white probably) don't look so bad when dirty. Depends how often you plan to clean it I guess.

pacm0n

Dec 15, 2008
DERBYSHIRE
IMO I think the FR looks at its best in red or white.

Having said that conchos' FR looks really nice in black too.....decisions decisions, lol

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
No problem mate, looks good in dark photos and the back photo of the car makes me want that colour more.
That blue looks really nice, one of my favourite colours is Sprint Blue in the audi ranage.
I would like that colour, wonder if the dealer can locate one for me.

Thanks for that mate, car looks great by the way :)

Here are the only two I've got but they're in the dark ;)

Also, it's a Cupra, not an FR. But there aren't many differences :D

Here are the ones of it in the dealer before the black wheels were put on:

Enjoy :)

pacm0n

Dec 15, 2008
DERBYSHIRE
ummmm......now I think blue is a good colour too. Its a good looking car from whatever angle you look at it so as long you don’t paint it black with pink spots you cant go wrong!!! :D

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
I've noticed that on a few cars, but my cars red a3 looks **** when dirty but my lava grey a3 doesn't look so bad manages to hide the dirt a bit. Car will get cleaned once a week maybe twice depends what mood im in really.

One thing I noticed today was that black Leons (sorry to anybody with one ;)) look really dull with the slightest bit of dirt on them. They do look great when clean though.

Other colours (except white probably) don't look so bad when dirty. Depends how often you plan to clean it I guess.

Lol i know mate decisions decisions....I'm having a bit of doubt as my dad told me to stay with audi. But that red fr been on my mind since last week lol and cant wait to get my hands on it! Got some big plans for it ha :D

IMO I think the FR looks at its best in red or white.

Having said that conchos' FR looks really nice in black too.....decisions decisions, lol

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
I'll be the first to admit it's an absolute pig to keep clean.

It's just had a week in the cotswolds and the layer of grime on it is unbelievable. However, there is nothing like the satisfaction of giving her a bloody good mop and wipe to really bring out the shine in her, and the massive grin on my face. :)

Oh, and nothing matches the road presence of watching that appear in your rear view mirror like a big bad vader :)

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Red all the way! But then I'm biased.. I think the black ones don't stand out enough and there isn't enough differentiation between the grills and bumper and the car paintwork.

leon1.jpg

leon2.jpg

leon3.jpg

Greerso

Nov 14, 2008
Belfast
I've had a red and a black Altea in the past few years and I have to say - for what it's worth - they both look great with a bit of spit n polish - just look at the photos above.

However - being the type of person who likes to spend a few hours at the weekend cleaning the car - the black one really broke my heart. Looks great for a while and needs a lot of effort right down to buffing out the water marks, If it wasn't the rain and you're lucky to get a bit of sunshine it seems to show up every little blemish and also seems to be a magnet for dust.

Good luck in making your decision anyway :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.