1.8 20VT MK2 Ibiza Conversion GT2871RS

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
Thought id add a little something different, so went for a nitrous kit :D

Had a show at the weekend so got a couple of photos of the setup and of the car...

2z5j0cx.jpg

24xianb.jpg

29qbgid.jpg

And the bracket i made for the actuators, polished stainless :D looks the part in the engine bay

169q994.jpg

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Credit Crunch......what credit crunch ????

as long as people are putting NOS in there already turbo'd car's eveything will be ok !!!

awesome mate.

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
is that a home made cage or did you buy it like that...wheres it from love it mate

Its an ex-rockingham cage mate, so not a home made jobbie, its an original one made by custom cages, but its the rear of the cage with the front and front brackets chopped off

Credit Crunch......what credit crunch ????
as long as people are putting NOS in there already turbo'd car's eveything will be ok !!!
awesome mate.

cheers mate :D
credit crunch isnt affecting me like... then again i do live at home with mummy and daddy

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
theres 3 switches... one is a master switch, like an earoplane one that activates the system... then you got another on the trhrottle body so it only works when the engines at wide open throttle... then another on the steering wheel as like a go faster button :D lol

alex_shepz

May 18, 2007
Soham, Cambridgeshire
Hi there mate i have the same engine as you an AGU 1.8t out of an audi a3 which im tryin to put in to a 97 ibiza gti im just having a few troubles and wondered if you could help me...i was wondering how you mount the engine in. as my mount on the left bolts on the block and the mount on the car is at the left rear ?.... also my centre mount is on the back of the engine and its on the front of the car...?

also i was wondering about the ecu you got, did it come with a wiring loom and plug straight on to your sensors if it did ??

I also wondered why u changed the brake servo is that because it got in the way of the engine?

hope to hear from you soon thanks alot alex

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
Hi there mate i have the same engine as you an AGU 1.8t out of an audi a3 which im tryin to put in to a 97 ibiza gti im just having a few troubles and wondered if you could help me...i was wondering how you mount the engine in. as my mount on the left bolts on the block and the mount on the car is at the left rear ?.... also my centre mount is on the back of the engine and its on the front of the car...?

also i was wondering about the ecu you got, did it come with a wiring loom and plug straight on to your sensors if it did ??

I also wondered why u changed the brake servo is that because it got in the way of the engine?

hope to hear from you soon thanks alot alex

hiya mate,
i used the original 2l 16v gearbox for a start which means that i used the same front engine mount, and the same gearbox mount. The 2l 16v engine mount should fit the block and therefor mount the exact same as on the 2l (this is on an ANF engine)
With regards to the brake servo... this needs swapping for one off a mk3 ibiza cupra 1.8T as the standard one fouls on the cambelt and cover, so you wont be able to use the standard one full stop...

The ecu i got is an aftermarket one from Qpeng, which comes with an ECU, map, and loom so all just plug and play really :D

The A3 might have been mounted longitudinally, which could be why the engine mounts are different to on the mk2... you should be able to make up the right mounts from off an ABF, or use the standard ABF gearbox to use the same gearbox and front mount :)

Hope that makes sense

alex_shepz

May 18, 2007
Soham, Cambridgeshire
Hi there mate, got the engine outta the A3 n now mounted in the ibiza, I'm going 2 get a thread put up tomorrow.
Also got an S3 inlet manifold but the AGU injectors won't fit...is this why you changed your injectors the S3 ones?
Cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.