Le Mans 2009

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
I am going with Speedchills and will soon have the stickers on my FR. Can't wait now, if you see a red FR with ''30'' on it (my birthday) in Beausejour then pop over. We will be under the 6m flag pole with an Aston Martin flag and an RAF one too!

Aug 24, 2007
have started stickering up the car :D

odds015-1.jpg

odds014.jpg

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
& i'm off already!

well today between 1.30 -2.00 pm. 23.00 ferry in Portsmouth, nice steady drive down in the sun, roof down, sun cream on :D

all our worldly possessions in 3 holdalls & other bits crammed in wherever

anyone who's going......have a good one & don't forget your euro cash to pay plod! :)

Aug 24, 2007
looking good Moley :)

I'll upload the latest pics of mine after I kill this laptop with a sledgehammer

Aug 24, 2007
DSC00939.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

The last of the stickers :) Roll on wednesday and the road trip down to la sarthe.

Will hopefully have some nice car pics when I return.

Aug 24, 2007
just got back from France :)

The astons are possibly the best sounding race car I've ever seen !

old 'uns

Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
i'm finally back as well....

lovely weather at scrutineering tue..... not!
DSCF0046.jpg

bit of a let down really, no engines started, bit of a fight to get near cars, only sort of interesting bits were the fact that drivers had to walk through area to sign-on - hence the bun-fight around Bruno Senna and the guy in 'trackie' with nice shiny shoes that he was in no way going to get dirty & was walking like he'd crapped himself....
DSCF0043.jpg

watched the thur qualifying at Mulsanne corner.... & also saw an encampment with a pub Pool table, top marks for effort!
diesels? waaayyyy too quiet
astons?... definitely sweet sounding
corvette's?...holy crap batman, earthquake. anyone sleep with 2 of them running together?
5 min breakdown for an A-M GT...
DSCF0062.jpg

anyone for a cheap car show? get up to St Saturnin just North of Le Mans, no entrance fee & if yours is interesting you get to park in the arena.
this year the spotlight was on Morgan with some of them being used in the drivers parade on the evening.
real good mixture of cars all over the place..
DSCF0066.jpg

also went to Mulsanne village where they too have a show of sorts, again if your car is interesting you park in the 'arena', we got in with the Beat & free drinks voucher as well.
you want stickers? would you do this?
DSCF0076.jpg

got water-pistolled a couple of times in Arnage with the top down, i'm thinking retaliation next year maybe?

then off to Ypres for the IRC rally..
shakedown test walking next to cars, look inside, talk to drivers, great atmosphere.
business end of a Skoda S2000 before Duval binned it 200m into 1st stage...TIT!!!

DSCF0087.jpg

got to talk to Kris Meeke parked at side of road just before final televised stage as well, & best of all was the fact he won on his first time there & even though he beat 'fast Freddy' even the Belgians were impressed

old 'uns

Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
hands & feet?

we were just on way into old town when it started again, got fed up with the scrutineering, tried to find shelter & failed miserably!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise