Le Mans 2009

Aug 24, 2007
Anybody else going to be in La Sarthe this year, hopefully to watch history being made.

Aston Martin prodrive Lolas in the historic GULF livery will be challenging the european derv burners for the overall race win :funk:

Can a gt1 engined LMP1 really win ? I for one hope so.

My mates and I booked up before last years race was even finished ;)

Aug 24, 2007
yes mate, watching from the wall at Karting Nord will not do this year Tris :redface:

We will be doing the full mission this year. May even beat my record of 20 hours watching trackside this time :)

Aug 24, 2007
not heard of it in 8 tours :shrug:

We've done the pit walk with the general public a few times.
Maybe people pay that to have a private garage tour with some munch as well?
Even then it would be a whole lot of money.

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
Would love to go there one year-think I may plan it for my 40th in 3 years time.
Was looking at the motorsport dates and on that 1 weekend its the touring cars at Croft,and British GT championship at Knockie.

Aug 24, 2007
that's a real shame, no wee man or big Tris :( Hope you get things sorted for next year lads.

Hopefully this year I'll be able to keep a good photographic record of the event and make a proper thread of it.

Aug 24, 2007
fair one ;)

at least you can rag the arse of your car at the ring without getting a 750 euro fine :D

Aug 24, 2007
any idea where you are camping ?

We are on Karting Nord, I believe. depends if the ACO make any last minute changes agin this year :doh:

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
any idea where you are camping ?

We are on Karting Nord, I believe. depends if the ACO make any last minute changes agin this year :doh:

Not camping ;)

Doing it as part of a bigger road trip so couldn't justify carting all the gear around with us - especially if it gets dragged through a mudbath :whistle:

Aug 24, 2007
a little update. We are now on a brand new campsite :clap: just next to the world famous Houx Annexe :clap:

Not sure how many others will be sharing it with us as the Midnight Monkeys have about 30 pitches and we use every square inch ;)

I'm starting to get very excited, especially after the Aston's performance at Spa last weekend.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.