you know those jobs.....

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
that start off ok and then get worse as you go along, well the last couple of days I have been srting out the wheel arches of the ibiza as they were getting bad, well turns out the drivers side has a hole about 1" by 4" along the top of the sill :(
Anyway after alot of work starting to get her looking back to normal but i was hoping to get this done in two days oh well.

before
DSC00141.jpg

spot the hole

DSC00336.jpg

filled and glassed

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

all ready to be sprayed tomorrow, oh they joys of cars eh

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Ive been doing the same thing over the past couple of days mine hadn't got that bad. Make sure you get some underseal and paint all over the inside of those arches to stop it from getting chipped and rusting more. Good luck on the spraying.

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
wow thats a big hole lol

how did you fill it then? and what did you use for the arches, standard body filler?

are you spraying yourself?

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
I filled it with fiberglass and filler and again I used normal filler for the arches, I have just finished spraying I will post some pic's in a sec.

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
ok here we go, still need to spray the sill's but that will be later in the month, and no the misses whats me to spray the rear door as it has straches on it.
Anyway needs blending in but looks alot beter than it did!

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Not a bad repair for a diy job but I wouldn't be happy with that and would have gone to the bodyshop. But all depends what you use the car for and it looks 100% better than rust :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise