Leather steering wheel

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
Hi Guys just bought a new car (well new to me) it's a 2007 Altea XL 1.6

One thing I'm not to fussed on is the steering wheel, feels a bit cheap and nasty in the plastic finish

How easy is it to change this to a leather type, while I'm at it i would like to add the CD/Radio controls to the wheel too, is this straight forward enough???

Any words of advice would go down well

Thanks for looking

Dai O

*Lou*

Princess Lou Lou
Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh
www.bebo.com
Try and source a leather steering wheel from the Seat dealership website. Just got to their services, and then all parts, and have a nosey around the interior section, and under each item you will be told whether or not it fits your car. If your uncertain, pop into your nearest seat dealer and tell them what you were looking for and they will see what they can find to fit your car :thumbup:

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
Thats fair enough but is this a job any man (or woman) can do, or is it a garage job, i would think there shouldn't be to much to it as long as i can source a wheel????

Any comments

*Lou*

Princess Lou Lou
Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh
www.bebo.com
Thats fair enough but is this a job any man (or woman) can do, or is it a garage job, i would think there shouldn't be to much to it as long as i can source a wheel????

Any comments

Thats what Im meaning, go to seat or whoever and source your steering wheel then fit it :)

Im pretty sure you can do it yourself! I got mine changed on another car before and me and my mates did it :) They did most of it, but hey I was stil there taking part, so if I (a girl!) can do it, you wont have any problems at all :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members