What Tyres?

Soyasauce

Its time to get some new front tyres for my cupra. Still on factory fitted Pzero's which have lasted 36000 miles. Does anyone have any good reccommendations as to which brand I should go for next? Dealership now offering Dunlops at £135 per tyre.

Soyasauce

No typo mate. Had to do a lot of commuting mostly on motorway. Thankfully not in the same job anymore so my milage is a lot less now!

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Wow, respect mate. I haven,t got the self control to make tyres last that long. Just use the search button as everybody has a different opinion on the best tyres for the Cupra. I,m a Bridgestone RE050A man.

Just fitted a pair of Vresdtein Ultrac Sessantas to my K1 after getting 16K out of the original Bridgestone RE050As.

I've driven about 3 miles on the new ones but too soon to tell. £85 each + a fiver delivery from Camskill (as mentioned in another thread). Another £20 to get them fitted at riverside tyres near Rawtenstall (nice chaps, one has an old shape 20VT Leon), job done.

Soyasauce

Yeah I was looking at the Vredestein last night. Good looking tyre and decent price. whats the road noise like? Notice any difference?

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
yeah I fitted these vredsteins today and think there really good replaced my pzero's found them quieter than my pzero's only done 40 miles though but they also look really smart .

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
vredestiens are pretty good in snow aswell with the big grooves, as its that time of year thought i would mention that, but i was happy with the good grip in the dry and was ok in the wet too. Mine will last till summer then will replace with R888 or kuhmo v70a's for some real grip.

james.g

Nov 28, 2009
York
Just fitted a pair of Vresdtein Ultrac Sessantas to my K1 after getting 16K out of the original Bridgestone RE050As.

I've driven about 3 miles on the new ones but too soon to tell. £85 each + a fiver delivery from Camskill (as mentioned in another thread). Another £20 to get them fitted at riverside tyres near Rawtenstall (nice chaps, one has an old shape 20VT Leon), job done.

I have these on my Mazda and they are excellent in both wet and dry. The tread stability is first class and you can really push them hard. Forgiving on the limit too. Wear rate isn't great but that may have something to do with the fun you have pushing them around twisty B roads ;)

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
I've got the Vredesteins on my ED30 and think they are great. I've had Conti's on and Goodyear Eagle F1 assyms, but the VUS's are better, especially in the wet.[B)]

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
i would still recommend the bridgestone RE050A they have been great for me. I got mine for £126 each fitted through mytyres. REally good tyre, a bit noisy but very good grip

Red Cupra

Another vote for the Bridgestone REO50's, on probably my sixth set by now, wouldn't put anything else near my cupras (had them as 17s on my mk 1 cupra) and I've just shod the front on my k1 about a month ago, cost me £250 all in. They are super grippy in both the dry and wet and get up to temperature very quickly which is ideal for me as I live along twisty country roads.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Cripes - 36+k miles on one set of tyres?! Mine is on 28000 and on its 4th set of fronts and second set of rears.

I recommend Goodyear Eagle F1 Asdsymetrics. I have had Bridgestones, Pirellis, and currently Vredsteins. Goodyears are definitely the best.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise