Wilko

Badge snob
Surely you have to get more than 200g/s to run big power. Standard 1.8t's are peaking at about 200g/s arent they. I don't know much about logs of the 1.8t's and how they relate to power. But you certainly need more air to make more power.

Not at 4700rpm they aint.
even at 6700rpm and 1.3 bar of boost, you're still only looking at 270ish g/s
My 3076 at 1.3 bar just brakes 300g/s in the low 7's rpm on a 2008cc motor.
It's simple physics.

You'd need 40lb of boost to squeeze 300g/s into a 1.8 at 4700rpm.

Jun 1, 2007
I had the same feelings when building my car, stick with it.

7 months of driving nothing but a 1.0 106 in my case drives you nuts, but does make it all the more better when you get your proper toy back, not least an animal like this. Hang in there! :)

thanks ;)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Bill
I should check your maf scaling, as a 4700rpm on a 1.8 at 1.3 bar boost, the most air you can squeeze ito that capacity is just over 200g/s and thats with iat's below 10C.

Its what its logged so far.. on S3 sized MAF housing
I'll check whats been logged so far when I am next on to it tomorrow.. in case i misread it

I am now off to put my beloved 17 yr old Siamese cat to sleep as its got renal failure :cry:

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2007
Its what its logged so far.. on S3 sized MAF housing
I'll check whats been logged so far when I am next on to it tomorrow.. in case i misread it

I am now off to put my beloved 17 yr old Siamese cat to sleep as its got renal failure :cry:

not good at all bill sorry to here that

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Sorry to hear that Bill, we had to do the same to our 15year old Tabby just before xmas last year, really not a nice thing to go through:(

Craig1985

Bill we need vids up now!!

As you cant fool us yorkshire blokes!!!!!

VIDS

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
okies, an update... it was on the dyno yesterday, as it coincided with an audi-sport.net forum meet at ajex racing on their dyno dynamics RR (aka the heartbreaker as many folks discovered yesterday)

I was logging the latest flash I had done during the week, and installed an mbc so i could dial in progressive boost to suit traction conditions.. (which i have to say i really like)

couple of plots showing how it went progressively

polo-dyno-dynamics-rr1.jpg

polo-dyno-dynamics-rr2.jpg

upping ther boost a little more and we will achieve the 400bhp number from 2bar judging from the progression on the dyno where i eaked up the boost on a few runs

plenty of s3 owners feeling hard done by yesterday from their 230bhp ish number from their respective remaps... to put into perspective the relative numbers achieved yesterday.
there are obviously more "happy" dynos out there, which read higher numbers, so I am quite pleased it wot boost and fueling is where it should be..
part throttle remains a pain in the neck to get settled, but it was worth the run on the dyno for sure. i so want a dyno... wonderful bit of kit.

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Heart breaker eh barnsley!!!!

So whats up your selve then bill to get the said BHP!!!:D:D:D:D:D:cartman:

take it as it to a dynojet or maha or sunram and see >400bhp figures now! ;)

2bar will see it get the 400bhp number on a DD rolling road... you can see the progression from just 0.3bars worth of boost being added. :)

i have'nt said its finished, its still being worked on, and was just handy yesterday to drop the polo onto the RR day and jump in and out adjusting it up and up and up... i knew i should have gone further to get a 400bhp plot to shut people up.. lol :banghead: Not the time to do this during an open rr day to hog the dyno, when it was supposed to be just for power runs. we did quite a few pulls and ajec were very accomodating. :thumbup:

max aits were 33'c and max temp rise on any run was no more than 9'C from start point which was superb. very happy with fmic performance.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Looking pretty awesome, very close to the 400hp your looking for and on realistic rollers too.

same rollers making remapped s3's read 230bhp power levels remember

stock audi s4 v6 got 265bhp i think on same day also

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.