Facelift model or not

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Yup, same as above only left and right, bummer, it's stupid they probably made stuff like that and the 12v output extras at stupid money. Shame when as a facelift version you'd think that included the interior functions too not just styling.

ipd56

Barmy Army Nutter
It's all to do with the mirrors!!!!!!!

If the mirrors are square then it's pre-facelift

If the mirrors are oval (or tear-drop) shaped, then it's the facelift model!

not true i got a 52 plate and some 1 at work got 53 plate cupra and both face lift and both got square mirrors ,only the cupra R had oval mirrors from 02 plate 04 plate for cupra/fr , the best way to know all facelift have a airbag light next to the rear window heater switch and passenger airbag key switch in the glove box hope this help

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
not true i got a 52 plate and some 1 at work got 53 plate cupra and both face lift and both got square mirrors ,only the cupra R had oval mirrors from 02 plate 04 plate for cupra/fr , the best way to know all facelift have a airbag light next to the rear window heater switch and passenger airbag key switch in the glove box hope this help

not true. my 03 plate LC has tear drop mirrors. the plot thickens :p

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
By the looks of it, I don't think there was a defining year which determines the facelift model or not. They seem to have just added bits and bobs on over a few years and that's become the facelift model?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Are all the square folding mirrors heated? Not sure if mine are I've never really paid much attention.

Wheres the switch for them? headed screen switch?

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Mine could be heated, but aren't electric.

May just be coincidence, but when I put rear screen heater on, the mirrors seem to clear too.

Or they may just clear up by themselves as I'm driving along, i don't know!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
ha! yeah i forgot theyre electric adjusting! can't imagine would be too hard putting in folding mirrors if electric already running to the mirrors anyway?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members