Help and advice needed (Arosa 1.0s)

Greytop

Leon FR-TDI 170
Sep 19, 2006
Reading, Berkshire
Due to a small incident in the snow over Christmas involving a front near side wheel and a kerb we have had to replace the wheels on my daughter's 54 plate 1.0s. The alloys she had were no longer available / manufactured.

This where the problems start, we ordered a set of new wheels and tyres 15"x 6.5 100PCD with appropriate spigot adapters via the web 'suitable for fitting to all Seat Arosa - All Models (1997 - 2005)'.
On removal of the existing alloys I noticed that the rear drums have a larger spigot than the front, it measures approximately 74mm where as the front is 57mm.
The new wheels that have been supplied have a 60mm bore with a spigot adapter to bring the it down to 57mm. That's fine for the fronts but obviously rears will not fit!
Is there something odd going on here, what should the spigot diameter be on the rear drum of a Arosa 1.0s 54 plate?

Incidentally the old alloys that came off did have a counterbore that suited the rear drum spigot (approx 74mm) and spigot rings to take it down to 57mm for the fronts. The alloy wheel online retailer is saying that the 1.0s should have 57mm spigots front and rear.... which is right? Help!

Cheers :)

Edit: ignore this request, I had mistaken a rusted on spacer for part of the rear hub :redface:

Last edited:

thequixotic2001

Nov 20, 2009
South Wales
Sounds to me as if the spigot rings have come out of the rear wheels on removal and are still on the rear drums, The Arosa is 57.1 all round the same as most VAG cars.
I know in the past when I have removed my wheels the spigot ring has stayed on the car giving the impression of a bigger flange on the hub, Especially if they are dirty.
HTH.

Just saw your edit, That will teach me to read all of a post before replying :whistle:

Greytop

Leon FR-TDI 170
Sep 19, 2006
Reading, Berkshire
Sounds to me as if the spigot rings have come out of the rear wheels on removal and are still on the rear drums, The Arosa is 57.1 all round the same as most VAG cars.
I know in the past when I have removed my wheels the spigot ring has stayed on the car giving the impression of a bigger flange on the hub, Especially if they are dirty.
HTH.

Thanks, yes that is exactly what happened.

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
Where you from... a decent wheel re fubishers will sort that out for £50 no problem!!! even put the tyre back on 2 lol :)

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
lol give em a ring if they can take a 4 inch buckle out of a rim... a repair will be eazy peeezey lol :)