40mm Springs causing slopped wheels :\

Danny1988

When i brought my seat arosa 1.0 s, the last owner cut the springs down to about 3 circles left in the spring and the tracking and toe angle ect was all perfect.. I recently brought and fitted some 40mm lowering springs to replace the junk ones he used.. the front wheels are on a slope, both moving in at the top.. i took it to have 4 wheel alignment today and they are still slopped, they said they dont know what it is an to come back in a week (After i **** my tires up?), is the camber adjustable on the arosa 1.0 and what tool to adjust it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes there is a camber adjustment on the suspension, I found this out recently as I had a similar camber issue when I lowered my car. If you take it to a reputable garage they should be able to correct the camber but, your alignment may need doing again. Its suprising what a difference it makes to the handling when its running well.

Danny1988

Yes there is a camber adjustment on the suspension, I found this out recently as I had a similar camber issue when I lowered my car. If you take it to a reputable garage they should be able to correct the camber but, your alignment may need doing again. Its suprising what a difference it makes to the handling when its running well.

I took it to ATS for the 4 wheel alignment and told them to do the camber but they told me they didnt know how to do them but they said to go back in a week to have my alignment done again so i just need to get the camber done before that. Thank you for that mate :)

dpbayly

hi mate i too recently fitted a set of 40mm springs on my arosa and on lowering off the ramp i noticed both front wheels had loads of negative camber so i went back up with the ramp removed the front wheels as i noticed when doing the 2 bolts up that connect the suspension leg to the hub there was alot of movement back and forth befor the bolts were tight when i had fitted it i pushed back on the hub and tightened the bolts up so this time i slackend both bolts and pulled on the top of the disc and retightened the bolts job done let the ramp down and looked spot on hope that helps from memory the bolts were 18mm so you will need a spanner and socket dont take bolts out just losen pull on the top of disc and retighten.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The above method is how you adjust it, but you need a camber gauge to set it correctly

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.