Weird boost leak problem.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Ladies and gents,

The last 3 morning when i start my car it goes into limp mode, so i switch it off and then on again and everything is back to normal with normal boost levels etc....

The below error has popped up a few times over the last few weeks and its driving me nuts.

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo
and Throttle Valve (check
D.V.!) : P1297
00035 35-00 -

I have checked everything that is reachable in the bay and made sure all pipes with tightened and in good order, in additoin i have seacrhed on here and some people were pointing to a MAF on its way out, i am still pulling 210g/s though.

So i clear the error, bring it for some power runs, while logging with vagcom, the error does not reappear.

So anyway the next morning start the car, limp mode with the error logged, this is very strange as from my logs i do not have a boost leak.

Anways, my question, can the lower boost pipes, to/from the FMIC through up this error if there is a leak, i would like to confirm before i go thru the pig of a job of removing the front bumper.
or could it be my DV, forge dv007p be needing a service?
Thanks for your help.

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
Ladies and gents,

The last 3 morning when i start my car it goes into limp mode, so i switch it off and then on again and everything is back to normal with normal boost levels etc....

The below error has popped up a few times over the last few weeks and its driving me nuts.

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo
and Throttle Valve (check
D.V.!) : P1297
00035 35-00 -

I have checked everything that is reachable in the bay and made sure all pipes with tightened and in good order, in additoin i have seacrhed on here and some people were pointing to a MAF on its way out, i am still pulling 210g/s though.

So i clear the error, bring it for some power runs, while logging with vagcom, the error does not reappear.

So anyway the next morning start the car, limp mode with the error logged, this is very strange as from my logs i do not have a boost leak.

Anways, my question, can the lower boost pipes, to/from the FMIC through up this error if there is a leak, i would like to confirm before i go thru the pig of a job of removing the front bumper.
or could it be my DV, forge dv007p be needing a service?
Thanks for your help.

maybe the dv is just sticking after it has sat for a couple of hours and is cold just pm forge or call the and they will send a service kit for free that what i did mate, i have no such problem with my fmic, id service it and take it from there

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
maybe the dv is just sticking after it has sat for a couple of hours and is cold just pm forge or call the and they will send a service kit for free that what i did mate, i have no such problem with my fmic, id service it and take it from there

Hmm, that has me thinking, its only since the weather has got cold again that this is happening, also i have a DV coldside relocation kit and to be honest some components need heat to function correctly IMO,i could go on a 1hour drive and the dv is only barely warm.

I just checked the DV and the grease in there is black and a bit sticky, i'll give it a mini service later.

Whats in the forge service kit, i cannot see it on the website.

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
Hmm, that has me thinking, its only since the weather has got cold again that this is happening, also i have a DV coldside relocation kit and to be honest some components need heat to function correctly IMO,i could go on a 1hour drive and the dv is only barely warm.

I just checked the DV and the grease in there is black and a bit sticky, i'll give it a mini service later.

Whats in the forge service kit, i cannot see it on the website.

It has a new piston,3x rubber seals maybe some shims and high temp grease mate, the grease should not really be black it should be a light red colour, would not hurt to give it a service it could well be this, give them a bell tomorrow mine came within 2 days mate, i will service mine at every engine service interval

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
It has a new piston,3x rubber seals maybe some shims and high temp grease mate, the grease should not really be black it should be a light red colour, would not hurt to give it a service it could well be this, give them a bell tomorrow mine came within 2 days mate, i will service mine at every engine service interval
Cheers, i gave it a service tonight, totally cleaned it down with carb cleaner and greased it up with some castrol LM grease, i guess i will know in the morning if it is sticking or not.

sabikeuk

Cheers, i gave it a service tonight, totally cleaned it down with carb cleaner and greased it up with some castrol LM grease, i guess i will know in the morning if it is sticking or not.

Hi,

I just wonder if you have sorted your problem...?

I have very similar issue....

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
No, i bought the service kit for my Dv007p, i was glad i did, the seals were really worn.I still get the error logged but only on frosty mornings, if there was a frost the night before, my car WILL be in limp mode the next day.

i did find a small split in one of the breather hoses under the manifold, i have ordered uprated ones from Forge, so hopefully this will solve my problem, i will update this if and when i find the fix.

sabikeuk

No, i bought the service kit for my Dv007p, i was glad i did, the seals were really worn.I still get the error logged but only on frosty mornings, if there was a frost the night before, my car WILL be in limp mode the next day.

i did find a small split in one of the breather hoses under the manifold, i have ordered uprated ones from Forge, so hopefully this will solve my problem, i will update this if and when i find the fix.

What engine do you have? I have audi TT 225 (BAM engine)...

what are yours 032 values?

Cheers,
Dan

diggerbucket

Jan 24, 2009
Aberdeenshire
If your car has been remapped, this could be a known software bug which sometimes puts the car into limp mode until it is restarted. It only happens below 5 degrees C and only happens intermittently. It always throws the 17705 error.

Do a search for inlet air temp, or "IAT" on this forum and you should find some info :)

sabikeuk

If your car has been remapped, this could be a known software bug which sometimes puts the car into limp mode until it is restarted. It only happens below 5 degrees C and only happens intermittently. It always throws the 17705 error.

Do a search for inlet air temp, or "IAT" on this forum and you should find some info :)

Yes it is remapped, I looks like you are right, however when temp was under zero it didn't happened...or I might not realized this :confused:.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland

Thats good to know, i had a remap, all was good, i took it to another mapper and he was playing around with it, ever since then is goes into limp mode but only on frosty mornings.!!

I think i may be giving him a call!!!

sabikeuk

Thats good to know, i had a remap, all was good, i took it to another mapper and he was playing around with it, ever since then is goes into limp mode but only on frosty mornings.!!

I think i may be giving him a call!!!

Exactly same for me...only on frosty mornings! I don't know who remapped my car...:confused: please let us know if you find that there was a bug in the map!

sabikeuk

This morning temp was 5.5 C and had limp mode … #

... also my friend which has standard TT (not remapped) have same problem - limp mode on frosty mornings only...so it can't be related with remap.