Can you mate performance down pipe to a standard exhaust?

Kev Hall2

Oct 7, 2009
Bristol
I have totally stock exhaust currently on FL Cupra (single oval exit pipe). I understand that a turbo back exhaust does little for performance so was wondering if you could fit a turbo down pipe to the standard back section?

I am looking to go St2+ but if possible, would this be too restrictive?

Poverty

I have totally stock exhaust currently on FL Cupra (single oval exit pipe). I understand that a turbo back exhaust does little for performance so was wondering if you could fit a turbo down pipe to the standard back section?

I am looking to go St2+ but if possible, would this be too restrictive?

Yes mate you can, Im running a blueflame DP. Some people run the stage 2 plus code with a standard exhaust, but the DP really is the most restrictive part and makes a nice difference.

Poverty

does it make the car much louder with the dp changed?

no not at all really, its just got a bit of a deeper tone, and sounds more purposeful, like it has a bit of a growl to it. I love it personally, the std k1 dp is a bit weedy sounding.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yep its the same

Depends if you go decat or 100/200 cell cat.

So from 200 to 500 depending on make etc

Pov if you fitted a decat downpipe like the ones on ebay for £150 that has holes for lambda sensors would this bring the management light on? also what power gains on my FR?
Any ideas. Cheers Kev

Poverty

Pov if you fitted a decat downpipe like the ones on ebay for £150 that has holes for lambda sensors would this bring the management light on? also what power gains on my FR?
Any ideas. Cheers Kev

without a stage 2 map it will throw up a light.

BF decat is 200 quid, that or the piper one is what Id be going for.