Which intercooler?

benh999

A friend has got a an ibiza turbo running the revo map. He wants to go down the route of upgrade turbo, injectors, TIP, exhaust(sports CAT) intercooler.

The intercooler i.e forge is an expensive option.

what other full width front mount intercoolers have people fitted to their Ibiza's that can be picked up for sensible monies i.e make and model of vehicle they are from?

Any pics would be just dandy:rolleyes:

Regards

Ben

benh999

How about a SEARCH!

Cheers for advice however Iwas just asking for anyones advice on what has been fitted in the past that does the job.

I've used the search facility and Its not given me the answers I wanted!!!!!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
The forge intercooler is expensive for a reason. Its a direct fit, so very very easy to bolt straight on and should be gopod for up to 300bhp. Got one myself and its been faultless.

Cheaper options include the ebay ones. Nice and cheap and easy'ish to fit and is fine for up to ko3s turbos. Any larger and you need to change pipework.

Or even cheaper is the Laguna intercooler. Cheap to buy but you will need to make up the pipework yourself. Some people use a Merc sprinter intercooler and i have heard of a couple using a Frontera one.

All depends what your goals are for the car. Have a search and you'll find loads of info on these intercoolers. Ebay ones seem to be very popular though

benh999

The forge intercooler is expensive for a reason. Its a direct fit, so very very easy to bolt straight on and should be gopod for up to 300bhp. Got one myself and its been faultless.

Cheaper options include the ebay ones. Nice and cheap and easy'ish to fit and is fine for up to ko3s turbos. Any larger and you need to change pipework.

Or even cheaper is the Laguna intercooler. Cheap to buy but you will need to make up the pipework yourself. Some people use a Merc sprinter intercooler and i have heard of a couple using a Frontera one.

All depends what your goals are for the car. Have a search and you'll find loads of info on these intercoolers. Ebay ones seem to be very popular though

Cheers, I had a look at the ebay ones and I'm not that happy with the pipework, it seems to sit very close to the road?:confused:

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
Cheers, I had a look at the ebay ones and I'm not that happy with the pipework, it seems to sit very close to the road?:confused:

then you have to do costum pipework or you can bay a 90 degress coupler and pipe will not go that close. if you search you wil find alot about it:D

ibiza matt

i got the ebay one, was a pain to fit, but after some tweaking the pipe work sits nice and is tucked right up out of the way, not bad for the money, rolling roaded it bfore and after and gained 11bhp and 10FtLbs. unless you want to go big power d save the £500 for something else lol.

Danny_B

Jul 24, 2007
Essex
I'm running a Laguna FMIC on stage 2 KO3s setup.

I made 243bhp & 277ftlbs so it flows well enough :)