Mk2 leon stereo help!

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
Can some one help? I want to fit kenwood headunit (din) to a tfsi where can I buy the fascia kit to the the new headunit??

And does anyone no witch lead. Need to keep the buttons on the steering wheel working?

Please help asap! If you have any pics I would love to see your headunit upgrades!

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
Can some one help? I want to fit kenwood headunit (din) to a tfsi where can I buy the fascia kit to the the new headunit?? And does anyone no witch lead. Need to keep the buttons on the steering wheel working? Please help asap! If you have any pics I would love to see your headunit upgrades!

if you have a word with david from sere motor (you can find him in the dealers section) just give him your vin number and he will get you the double din fascia in the correct colour. They are 18 quid delivered.

You also need a canbus adaptor to keep the steering wheel controls working. I got mine from bassjunkies.com only cost me 34 quid and that included the patch lead aswell.

You need a ariel adaptor aswell but just search ebay for that.

Oh davd will probably tell you but you need some clips with the fascia as well

thats it all you need after that is a lot of patience and a spare couple of hours.

Chris

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
thanks for that .... i no about the meets. just forgot to change sig??:rolleyes:

now back to topic, i just want to fit a single din headunit lets see your pic's

Alpine006.jpg

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
Ok I'm having problems trying to find a lead to pick up the remote buttons on the tfsi sport steering wheel!

Bass junkies say there are 2 leads I need 1 £35 the other£25

parts sevice want a £100 for a canbus lead!

Halfords want £80 for one all to link a kenwood head unit to a 55 plate leon tfsi sport!

I now have a part number of pc30/ken for the lead

Can anyone help me here before I get ripped off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
Ok I'm having problems trying to find a lead to pick up the remote buttons on the tfsi sport steering wheel!

Bass junkies say there are 2 leads I need 1 £35 the other£25

parts sevice want a £100 for a canbus lead!

Halfords want £80 for one all to link a kenwood head unit to a 55 plate leon tfsi sport!

I now have a part number of pc30/ken for the lead

Can anyone help me here before I get ripped off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
And to make matters worse! I have now been told there is no stock for the uk on the double din head unit fascia or the black cover box that goes bneath!

What the hell do I do now

FR_Flavoured

Perhaps you would be better off posting in the "In Car Entertainment" section of SCN? Might get more feedback.
Sorry for taking your Thread Off Topic a 2nd time! :rolleyes:

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
Ok I'm having problems trying to find a lead to pick up the remote buttons on the tfsi sport steering wheel! Bass junkies say there are 2 leads I need 1 £35 the other£25 parts sevice want a £100 for a canbus lead! Halfords want £80 for one all to link a kenwood head unit to a 55 plate leon tfsi sport! I now have a part number of pc30/ken for the lead Can anyone help me here before I get ripped off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ask halfords for the part number i think the manufacturer are connects 2 . Get that then just do a ebay search to find the best price.

Is there a difference in wiring in a sport and an fr ?
I would have assumed not cause i paid 33 for my lead for my fr from bass junkies

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
Help please

if you have a word with david from sere motor (you can find him in the dealers section) just give him your vin number and he will get you the double din fascia in the correct colour. They are 18 quid delivered.

You also need a canbus adaptor to keep the steering wheel controls working. I got mine from bassjunkies.com only cost me 34 quid and that included the patch lead aswell.

You need a ariel adaptor aswell but just search ebay for that.

Oh davd will probably tell you but you need some clips with the fascia as well

thats it all you need after that is a lot of patience and a spare couple of hours.

Chris

do have a part number for the can bus lead? I hav had prices from £35 to £79 to £100 pound for this lead!

Really need some help my leon is mk2 tfsi sport just got it!

I've spoken to dave bits on order cheers please help me!

Bass junkies said there were to leads and they didn't no which one to give me ????? Help help

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
do have a part number for the can bus lead? I hav had prices from £35 to £79 to £100 pound for this lead! Really need some help my leon is mk2 tfsi sport just got it! I've spoken to dave bits on order cheers please help me! Bass junkies said there were to leads and they didn't no which one to give me ????? Help help

the one i bought from bass junkies is the connects 2 ctsst001 seat canbus stalk lead

the barcode on the box is 5055193305864

got it from bass junkies 33.99 including patch lead.

Hope this helps

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
A double din adapter from a mk5 golf i fitted in my leon...

DSC00114.jpg

P1020298.jpg

David at SERE will be helpfull when it comes to the right fascia.

As for the iso to Seat adapter Im currently using the halfords one which had made my steering wheel controls redundant but the one to get my controls back is only 40 quid plus a £2 lead specific to you stereo make...

ADzABOUT

Jan 26, 2010
NEAR NORWICH
Slim did you get your stereo fitted in how you wanted it in the end? If so can you post a pic? Might do this in my Leon fr tdi. Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.