AMD rolling road results lower than expected... Thoughts please!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Well the LCR went to AMD earlier today for a Forge TIP and Pipercross panel filter, and it's 1st rolling road run since I've owned the car - straight after I had the TIP and panel filter put on.

It's not remapped at all and never been to my knowledge, but I was expecting it to be closer to 225bhp over the 3 runs to be honest. I'm a tad disappointed as best it made was 210.6bhp peak 1st run with 203.7 lb/ft torque.

Shaun did ask me what fuel am I using etc, and it's run on shell v-power without fail. Maybe air mass readings might be low due to TIP change with filter? Temps we're up today do you think this might have influenced it?

The guy who did the rolling road for me said the 2 Golf's that went on not long before might have brought the temps/humidity up around the rolling road? But then they use the big fans to cool things down.. Unless this was blowing slightly humid air in aswell as cool?

Shaun said most come in closer to 225 so he's a bit baffled why it's missing the last 15 odd bhp.

I'll be getting it remapped to stage 1 once I'm back from my holiday in a month or so and he said they can look into it further then for me as something seems to be holding her back a tad.. :shrug:

In the meantime if anyone's got any ideas or suggestions for me to check out on the car please feel free.

Taken a quick pic of the graph print out for you lot to look into below. Got a rubbish iphone video which I'll try post up in a mo, in case anyone notices anything from that.

360car.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
feel for you mate, last time mine went in for a RR it made 258 and 250 torque...and it feels quicker than that. i just think they are a waste of time, unless your are looking for potential problems with your car otherwise i dont think mine will go on for power runs anymore cos its always disapointing

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent

Apologies for changing the camera angle midway through the vid! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
feel for you mate, last time mine went in for a RR it made 258 and 250 torque...and it feels quicker than that. i just think they are a waste of time, unless your are looking for potential problems with your car otherwise i dont think mine will go on for power runs anymore cos its always disapointing

Cheers mate. I dunno what to think to be honest.. Course I'm going to want it mapped now I've got the TIP and 007p on there but I just think I'm always going to hope for higher figures than I'm going to get. Will just have to see how that day pans out in a month or so time. For now just thought I'd post on here and see if anyone's had similar or got any ideas why it's a bit off the mark.

It feels quicker than 210bhp but I just wanted the print out to read closer to 225bhp...

Is yours stage 1 generic custom code?

CupraTurbo81

Outside temperature would have definately made a difference. Even an increase in just 5 - 10 degress would cause a reduction in power. My car is usually quite slow on a hot day.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
yeh just generic custom code dude...although its running fine it just doesnt feel right at the moment, may throw the BMC out and change the spark plugs..

every single summer i say it and it never happens....i need a intercooler cos the car always feels slow these months lol

probably down to humidity tho tom, i wouldnt worry too much about it

JamJay

California Bound
I'd put it down to the temps in the RR room to be honest. I lost 10-15bhp on my last run and the temps were roughly 10c apart from each other. Like DOLBY says, don't pay too much attention at all, if it feels right on then road the it's right! I've logged mine on the road and it produced 268bhp on Stage 1 generic rather than the 250 on the rollers. If you ask me, real world is more important :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
were any logs done during the run.. airflow etc?

you may be chasing a phantom problem , but without data its at best goign to be poke and hope

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Cheers for the replys lads :) appreciated. Feel better about it now.. It felt good on the road before today and now it's feels even better even if it's just a marginal improvement from the tip and filter. I can definitely notice it after just taking her out 15 mins ago. It feels good to me and I guess that's what matters!

Can't wait for stage 1 now though!!

Oh and ibizacupra - no logs of airflow etc we're done today but it'll be looked into as part of stage 1 at AMD in a months time. It feels more whooshy and it's a but louder now on full chat.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
When did your car last have an oil and spark change ? If it's been awhile that might explain it.
Also it was quite hot yesterday which will have an affect.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Theres many things you can do to improve or solve this.

Service with good oil.

Throttle body clean and re align

ECU reset and relearn

Jet wash your SMIC

Vent your arch liner behind the SMIC to allow better air flow through these

Remove your SMIC and empty out any oil in there, same with all your intercooler hoses.

Ensure all boost hoses clamps are made up tight

Check your PCV system hoses are not burst or perished

But #1 should be log your boost to check for any boost leaks

The ECU will not have had a chance to relearn that the new fliter and DV were in place.

If you want higher figures try another RR ;)

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com

Service with good oil.

ECU reset and relearn

Jet wash your SMIC

Remove your SMIC and empty out any oil in there, same with all your intercooler hoses.

The ECU will not have had a chance to relearn that the new fliter and DV were in place.

can AmD do a throttle body reset? i cleaned mine ages ago and tbh i never noticed a difference.

wont jet washing the smic be damaging to them?

not being funny but no one seems to get the results they want on them rollers :confused:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Na, spray a high performance de-greaser onto this then jet wash this at a bit of distance.

Throttle body reset is just to be sure, I haven't felt any difference either but do it every now and then to be sure.

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
I would of thought it would probably be down to the high temps in the rolling road area

prob would get a new MAF sensor clean out the airfliter, full tank of v power

change the coolent sensor to uprated green one then give it another ago after the remap

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
can AmD do a throttle body reset? i cleaned mine ages ago and tbh i never noticed a difference.

They have done before so I'm sure would be able to do it again

not being funny but no one seems to get the results they want on them rollers :confused:

I was happy with what I got on there rollers and I know plenty of other's who have had good result's.
Maybe some poeple expect too much :shrug:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I would of thought it would probably be down to the high temps in the rolling road area

prob would get a new MAF sensor clean out the airfliter, full tank of v power

change the coolent sensor to uprated green one then give it another ago after the remap
From 2003 onwards they all have green sensors
New panel filter was fitted just before getting on the RR, doesn't get cleaner than that ;)

V Power used all the time too

LOL

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
what about reseting the ECU did mine last week with a freinds diagnostic machine, feels much better i to have fitted forge TIP, 007, green cotton pannel filter and new green sensor surely ECU needs to learn new values before rolling road

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland

Service with good oil.

ECU reset and relearn

Jet wash your SMIC

what about reseting the ECU did mine last week with a freinds diagnostic machine, feels much better i to have fitted forge TIP, 007, green cotton pannel filter and new green sensor surely ECU needs to learn new values before rolling road
Should have went to Specsavers ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.