AMD rolling road results lower than expected... Thoughts please!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
When did your car last have an oil and spark change ? If it's been awhile that might explain it.
Also it was quite hot yesterday which will have an affect.

spark plugs not been done since I've owned it about 4 months ago but might go about getting some now... NGK you guys recommend?

oil was replace twice this year. cracked sump nut seal caused a leak that just wouldn't go away and both times I had brand new VW spec Quantum put in. she runs very well and economically tbh.

think the heat just made her tired, lol

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Theres many things you can do to improve or solve this.

Service with good oil.

Throttle body clean and re align

ECU reset and relearn

Jet wash your SMIC

Vent your arch liner behind the SMIC to allow better air flow through these

Remove your SMIC and empty out any oil in there, same with all your intercooler hoses.

Ensure all boost hoses clamps are made up tight

Check your PCV system hoses are not burst or perished

But #1 should be log your boost to check for any boost leaks

The ECU will not have had a chance to relearn that the new fliter and DV were in place.

If you want higher figures try another RR ;)

Plenty for me to have a go at here, cheers.

Alot of people are saying use another RR... but the AMD RR'd day in Jan produced some great results... Bit of a lottery really

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent

They have done before so I'm sure would be able to do it again

I was happy with what I got on there rollers and I know plenty of other's who have had good result's.
Maybe some poeple expect too much :shrug:

I just expected nearer 225 on the day as Shaun said, most run nearer to it but taking into account how fresh the TIP/DV and the whole weather/humidity situation I'm now alright about the results.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
From 2003 onwards they all have green sensors
New panel filter was fitted just before getting on the RR, doesn't get cleaner than that ;)

V Power used all the time too

LOL

:cartman:

shell garage is approx 1 minute from where I live so it's very hard not to use anything else.

but I felt noticeable change in my 1st LCR when I started using v-power. I just run it on any old 95 RON until I become a member on here... the smoothness is definitely improved if used over and over again, my mpg creeped up aswell which is all good.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I just expected nearer 225 on the day as Shaun said, most run nearer to it but taking into account how fresh the TIP/DV and the whole weather/humidity situation I'm now alright about the results.

I was'nt referring to you T0m, people put extra bit's on and expect it to make a big difference

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I was'nt referring to you T0m, people put extra bit's on and expect it to make a big difference

No that's ok I getcha... I'll be back on there again in a few months so can compare then, but this time hopefully have my zorst sorted and in for the stage 2 map there.

Great bunch of guys working there.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Don't overlokk a FMIC for a stage 2 map, you car will be screaming out for extra cooling in the summer if your kicking its arse

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Don't overlokk a FMIC for a stage 2 map, you car will be screaming out for extra cooling in the summer if your kicking its arse

Yep, and to be honest I've just been looking at them on the Forge site wondering whether I should get one before buying a turbo back system and remap altogether? To help the life of the car and all...

I've scrapped the coilovers till next year as the roads near me are a mess :censored:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I'd go FMIC first, then full TBE. Live with that for a bit and enjoy the quicker spool and more noise, then once you've got the cash go for the full stage 2.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I'd go FMIC first, then full TBE. Live with that for a bit and enjoy the quicker spool and more noise, then once you've got the cash go for the full stage 2.

That's my plan now defo. If I can't afford full TBE soon after the FMIC, I'll get the Pipe Werx sports cat and that'll go on the OEM cat-back I believe?

JamJay has done this hasn't he?

JamJay

California Bound
Yeah it bolts straight on as the flanges are the same. I think it's circa £550 from PipeWerx but it was supplied by Awesome GTi. It sounds very deep on normal driving but not loud, a nice hum but sounds quite racey when giving it some apparently but OEM racey if that makes sense, like the manufacturer would intend, not an aftermarket roar.

dave_ph

:)
Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
yeh just generic custom code dude...although its running fine it just doesnt feel right at the moment, may throw the BMC out and change the spark plugs..

I had a bmc cda on my lcr, and did some airflow logs on it, and achieved 193g/s. Changed to a jetex cone filter, and hit 207g/s, so well worth changing :)

Had a thread a while back going on it: clicky

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
I had a bmc cda on my lcr, and did some airflow logs on it, and achieved 193g/s. Changed to a jetex cone filter, and hit 207g/s, so well worth changing :)

Had a thread a while back going on it: clicky

tbh i would prefer a full kit, was looking at the jabbasport one, think this will suit my requirements...hopefully. is this a good kit?

the BMC really is quite bad tbh, yeh its gravely when going no more than 20mph but after that the car is silent...total silence lol

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
tbh i would prefer a full kit, was looking at the jabbasport one, think this will suit my requirements...hopefully. is this a good kit?

the BMC really is quite bad tbh, yeh its gravely when going no more than 20mph but after that the car is silent...total silence lol

Get the 80mm MAF Jetex FC-08001 - £53
80mm Silicon Coupler - £7
Jabba Heatshield - £65
Couple Jublee Clips - £3

Job sorted!!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
what about cold air feed?

I was going to go Jetex Bret, but seemed a bit of hassle for now sorting a cold air feed and then getting all the separate parts. Jetex need to do it as a kit imo and maybe even with a cold air feed.

I just went for a Pipercross panel filter. What sort of air mass logs are people getting using panel filters?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
thats what i was thinking too Tom, open cone is a must foe better air flow/power etc but getting all the bits is a bit of a chore. Thats why a kit is the way forward for me. dont bother me they are slightly dearer

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise