H3 led fogs

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
its built into the bumper as far as i can remember so the part number you need is for a new front bumper! :blink:

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Cant be mate, i bought a brand new bumper and they dont come with it. The mountings for them are in the bumper behind the spot light grills but cant seem to find out what they are called or part numbers for love nor money.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
just looked on ETKA for you and cant find it either! try SEAT again!

i take it you have a SEAT front bumper and not a copy?!

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
yea its a genuine one mate. Il have to wait until monday to ring seat again :( but the guy said on the phone that the diagrams were rubbish that he was looking at and i would have to come down to see for myself (but aint had chance cos of work). I will try and get over there next week to see but cant understand how there isnt a part listed if it doesnt come with a new bumper already. Sorry if ive overtaken this thread a little lads but thought it would be useful if anyone is buying a LCR front bumper and wants to fit the spots at a later date like me as they are a bit pricey :(. If anyone does get a chance to have a gander over the weekend and can see apart number on their mounting (it just behind the spotlight grill) it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers for looking James, top man :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
yea its a genuine one mate. Il have to wait until monday to ring seat again :( but the guy said on the phone that the diagrams were rubbish that he was looking at and i would have to come down to see for myself (but aint had chance cos of work). I will try and get over there next week to see but cant understand how there isnt a part listed if it doesnt come with a new bumper already. Sorry if ive overtaken this thread a little lads but thought it would be useful if anyone is buying a LCR front bumper and wants to fit the spots at a later date like me as they are a bit pricey :(. If anyone does get a chance to have a gander over the weekend and can see apart number on their mounting (it just behind the spotlight grill) it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers for looking James, top man :)

yes it its... infact the diagram is of a cupra bumper with a LCR splitter! :lol:

i couldn't find what you meant?! If i was you id ask seat to find out for you, and don't let them say no or they cant, its not impossible!

ps. here is ETKA online so you can see for yourself!... http://www.vagcat.com/

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Just had a look on there now and the spotlight setup on the LC bumper is totally different. Im sure that all the leons use the same spots except the LCR. Im going to go over to seat later if i can and have a look at the diagrams that they have and try and sort this issue. Really suprised mind that nobody has had this problem before due to the amount of people that fit LCR front bumpers

turbin

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Foglight bulbs are 55 Watt Halogens, producing about 1500 lumens. The brightest single LED's in production are around 10 Watts and produce about 900 lumens. Multiple LED solutions aren't going to work with the reflectors and lenses in head- and fog-lights. A high power LED is also going to need a lot of heat sink, making it unsuitable for a plastic housing - there's a reason why all the LED torches are aluminium.

anarchopunx

hey guys i didnt get to read if you worked out the problem or not but here is what happened to me, i connected them to a 12V battery and they work fine but when i connect them to hte H3 sockets in my car they dont work, so i just thought maybe if i connect the negative to positive and positive to negative it might work, i got some solder wire and just touched them together and the light turned on through the car socket, i tried rewiring the light but i screwed it up:p so if you switch them they should work in your car fine

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
Foglight bulbs are 55 Watt Halogens, producing about 1500 lumens. The brightest single LED's in production are around 10 Watts and produce about 900 lumens. Multiple LED solutions aren't going to work with the reflectors and lenses in head- and fog-lights. A high power LED is also going to need a lot of heat sink, making it unsuitable for a plastic housing - there's a reason why all the LED torches are aluminium.

could be but i have festoons here which are mega bright !?!

FriMar05201839GMT2010.jpg

FriMar05201827GMT2010.jpg

as for led not working , they only work one way , so some you can turn the bulb 180 degrees they will work ,

in some instances you cant twist the bulb and have to swap the wires instead

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
i got them from ebay mate aaaaaaaages ago! just search for "h3 LED" and a lot come up, i just tried!

and no I didnt get a bulb error light!

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
FriMar05201839GMT2010.jpg

Andrew what kind of number plate bulbs do you have and where did u get them. They look really white, bright and cool as fcuk.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Hids4U and Auto Bulbs Direct list LED replacement foglamp bulbs with the rider "not legal for road use". Not sure why, in a foglamp the difference in emitter shape (LED array vs filament) should not matter so much. Perhaps it is that the lamp is only compliant with C+U regs with a proper bulb in it? More work for the lawyers.

The ones I've seen have been multiple-emitter arrays which will not produce the same result as a filament bulb without a change in reflector shape. However, if they are getting bright enough, then LED headlamps can't be far off. I guesstimate maybe five years, maybe sooner? Making the LED connections strong enough to cope with road shocks and vibrations may be the hardest part.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise