H3 led fogs

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
sounds perfect to me m8 :) I have HIDs and these exact sidelight leds too, so they are the exact match i'm after.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
That seller is also good for your high power festoons for the glove box and boot LEDs etc.. :)

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
how long did these bulbs take to arrive for you guys? I ordered them over a week ago, and the seller said he posted them last tuesday and they still haven't turned up...i emailed him asking what the hold up was and he said "please be patient, they're coming from hong kong". But in the item description it says "Item Location: London, UK". The lying Bar Steward!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I thought about changing the fogs but the recent fog we had reminded me just how important they are.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
RikH- tell me about it!

jonjay- i was thinking the same m8, but how much do fog lights improve visibility when you have HID's fitted on the dipped beam? My standard fogs didn't make that much of an improvement really, and in my eyes, the main thing is that people behind you can see your rear fogs...which will be left with standard bulbs. Dipped beam HIDs can be seen just as well in fog, as the standard fog light bulbs (from what i can see anyway)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
RikH- tell me about it!

jonjay- i was thinking the same m8, but how much do fog lights improve visibility when you have HID's fitted on the dipped beam? My standard fogs didn't make that much of an improvement really, and in my eyes, the main thing is that people behind you can see your rear fogs...which will be left with standard bulbs. Dipped beam HIDs can be seen just as well in fog, as the standard fog light bulbs (from what i can see anyway)

I am not sure m8 - i am under the impression that as they are more "powerful" than LED lights, they penetrate the fog better so people will see you coming. They must do something surely otherwise cars wouldnt have them........or...?

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
yer i see where you're coming from...but not all cars have front fogs, but i'm pretty sure all cars have rear ones (correct me if i'm wrong). I agree if what you are saying with regards fogs beign more "powerful", but only when compared to leds or halogen bulbs. I think HIDs would still penetrate the fog more, but i may be wrong.

So in the case of most of us in this thread who already have dipped beam HIDs, the led fogs won't really lose us any fog power lol

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
how long did these bulbs take to arrive for you guys? I ordered them over a week ago, and the seller said he posted them last tuesday and they still haven't turned up...i emailed him asking what the hold up was and he said "please be patient, they're coming from hong kong". But in the item description it says "Item Location: London, UK". The lying Bar Steward!

same thing happened to me from memory!

item location London, but took a while coming from bloody Hong Kong! :(

Dom Sweeten

Jan 19, 2002
Gloucester
nope, LEDs are not bright enough!

you could always buy some cheap blue h3 bulbs on ebay and they will look less yellow to the oem ones.

or spend a bit extra and HID them like I did :)

James - which hid's did you use for your fogs then?
I take it you have hid sides as well yes?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
any HID kit will do as long as it has h3 bulbs!

my sides are normal wedge bulb, but in blue colour which shine whitish

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
no worries...they turned up yesterday! All fitted and all works fine :) I have to say, although they aren't as bright as fogs should be, the colour match is exactly the same as my sidelight leds (also luxeon type), and as my HIDs, so im well happy.

I had them on last nite, and drove past a cop at a junction....he was just sitting there, a little back from the line, and hadn't started to indicate...and then he followed me lol "This will be interesting" i said to myself, however as i turned into tesco he carried on going. "Phew" lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.