BTCC bumper line up?

w.reid306

Aug 17, 2011
the btcc front bumper on my leon is sticking out a bit near the headlight, has anyone else had this problem before?

Top circle is the main problem, (sticks out enough to notice) and the bottom circle seems to be a gap due to it.

img2446xm.jpg

does anyone know if its a case of lining up wrong or a clip? whats involved in taking bumper off?

jonny1978

Dec 11, 2011
West lothian
Got the same problem with mine but only at the top circle.
When i was a tech at honda the civics had the same problem found the fault
to be the bracket that the center clips popped into was to far over to one side causing
the bumper to sit to far over.Easy fix but had to remove bumper:banghead2

Hope this helps

w.reid306

Aug 17, 2011
Cheers for the replies so far, did anyone get theirs fixed on their leon?

My K1 bumpers are the same, but only slightly. I'm led to believe its due to the K1 and BTCC bumpers not being made by seat

i always thought seat did make them as standard with btcc kits? or am i wrong and its just the dealerships that put them on? i know there are cheaper 'replica' kits about too

w.reid306

Aug 17, 2011
ok, was jus googling who makes the btcc kit there (no answers yet) but noticed one that had a black plastic centre section of rear bumper (beside exhausts), where as mine is painted, whats the craic with this?

Plastic one...

ImportedPhotos00315.jpg

my one....

p1050832j.jpg

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Could be a replica kit with the black section, or its most likely just been painted /vinyled that way. I've seen a couple of people do this, was even considering myself

May 20, 2010
skipton north yorkshire
ok, was jus googling who makes the btcc kit there (no answers yet) but noticed one that had a black plastic centre section of rear bumper (beside exhausts), where as mine is painted, whats the craic with this?

Plastic one...

ImportedPhotos00315.jpg

my one....

p1050832j.jpg

Mines black thinking of doing the bit behinde the number plate black like the fr

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Mine is also like this, not really worried about it before.

Fish

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
They should be stamped with Seat part numbers. if there Genuine

The kits for the K1 were put on at the port and often wernt put on well.

These kits when orderd as options were never fitted at the factory, port or a number of VW approved body shops. There were a fair few done in MK.

w.reid306

Aug 17, 2011
where would the seat part number be on them?

would it be best to take to a bodyshop to get them to take off and line up again? or is it something i can do myself?

starting to annoy me as its the only imperfection in the whole car lol

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Dont fancy taking mine off just to get a part number, but as it came new from the stealers, I'm not that worried. :)

Fish

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Without washers: 1PL 807 217 D
With washers system: 1PL 807 217 E
Without washers: 1PL 807 217 F
With washer system: 1PL 807 217 G

These bumpers look exactly the same on ETOS so I would think maybe one is for the K1 and the other for the BTCC kit. I could be wrong though so sorry but that's the best i can do for part numbers.

w.reid306

Aug 17, 2011
cheers guys, not after part numbers though, wanting to know how to align the bumper and how to tell if its a genuine SEAT bumper and also what the diff in the plastic rear bumper is

Apr 6, 2010
The black part on rear bumper is the bumper just done in black to make it look like a diffuser, Some people fancy it some don't.
On my old black one the front stuck out, stripped bumper and the bracket were cracked so I just tiger sealed it together and left it for 2hours and fitted again..

Lee M

the btcc front bumper on my leon is sticking out a bit near the headlight, has anyone else had this problem before?

Top circle is the main problem, (sticks out enough to notice) and the bottom circle seems to be a gap due to it.

img2446xm.jpg

does anyone know if its a case of lining up wrong or a clip? whats involved in taking bumper off?

Looks to me like the bumper has been off before and not fitted back on very well. The headlight looks like its preventing the bumper sitting flush.
When refitting you need to pull the bumper out and back as if your trying to 'stretch' it around the headlight.
Best to put some masking tape on the headlight to prevent it getting scratched.

If I recall there is only about 5 screws on the sides to remove to allow repositioning. I had the same mission when I fitted my FMIC.

Cheers lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w.reid306

Aug 17, 2011
gave it a go today, removed screw from mud guards and was able to pull bumper out a bit, theres 3 clips on the top of the bumper, one was allowing movement, so i cable tied it, worked the very best! problem solved!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.