GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
lights

I dont have auto lights but do have a the large multi function display.

Coming home lights worked from that but Dan gb enabled the leaving home lights via his VAG com.

What happens is if you leave the light switch on all the time the lights will switch themselves off after xx seconds (depending what time you set) when you leave car and turn back on for xx seconds after you unlock the car.

Have been trying to build a auto light circuit but Seat wiring is very complicated due to the canbus.

Hope this helps

Craig01988

Aug 27, 2010
Thanks I'll have to see if I can find someone with the right lead or buy one for a reasonable price, $250 seems a bit steep :think:

humza123

has anyone got a vag-com in birmingham if so can you pm me thanks

bengreen0687

Do you have the engine coding for a 2006 manual 1.6 petrol Leon? I have set it to 1 by accident and now the car is REALLY playing up. Please help.

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
This is driving me nuts. I've tried to turn on the "Chirp" when locking and unlocking the car, I've changed the correct options as per the instructions, clicked on Do It and its accepted, yet when I go back into that module, its back to what it was previously.

I've got a Leon Cupra MY08

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
I managed to turn the seatbelt bong off, but still can't change the alarm to chirp when activated or deactivated.

There is an option that says something like "Prevent alarm horn changes" or similar and I've taken the tick out of that, yet its still there when I go back in.

Stig555

Mar 27, 2012
Can the windows be closed with just a quick click of the key rather than holding it down?

boditza

Mar 14, 2012
Craiova, Romania
for a mk2 from 2008 without memory seats is it possible to make the mirror go down when in reverse??
and also for leon mk2 does anyone have Emergency Brake Flash activated and working?

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
North East, UK
for a mk2 from 2008 without memory seats is it possible to make the mirror go down when in reverse??
and also for leon mk2 does anyone have Emergency Brake Flash activated and working?

EMERGENCY BREAK:
You mean when you pound on the breaks the hazard lights come on??

Yeah i have this enabled and it has come on for me once!!

boditza

Mar 14, 2012
Craiova, Romania
i slammed the brakes on gravvel for test and nothing came on.. the car didn't stopped but on a mondeo mk4 the hazard lights were on as long as the abs was working so i figured it should be the same on mine
on newer models it flashes the brake lights.

Last edited:

honkifyou

Apr 25, 2011
Plymouth
Hey guys. I've been playing with VAG-COM all day, and I've managed to get Needle Sweep and the Locking Chirp but having problems with the Leaving Home Function. I have enabled it and have the options menu in my MFD but they won't come on?? Any ideas??

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Hey guys. I've been playing with VAG-COM all day, and I've managed to get Needle Sweep and the Locking Chirp but having problems with the Leaving Home Function. I have enabled it and have the options menu in my MFD but they won't come on?? Any ideas??

Don't forget to set the time (its in adaptive section)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2