APR vs REVO

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Me and BIGG are having a showdown at inters

Smoke VS Smoke (Same Maps) only difference is ive got EGR Delete, THS FR3 Engine mounts and SMF

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I would love to see a fight myself, but between 2 comparable cars with similar mods :)

I have to say though that even if APR ended up fastest (and I am sure if it was, it would be marginal vs competitors), I would like to see the logs from the car it was done on because I have logs from a 12 second Mk2 Leon and they were truly horrendous. Also, its not like there is anywhere within 400 miles of where I live to get it done.

Poverty

If you know of any good tuners in Scotland Al im sure Keith at APR would be keen to hear about it as they are currently on the search for more dealers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poverty

Saturday and Sunday! Make a weekend of it! Sunday is manic though like said.

Inters will be fun, let the tuner battle commence!

mikee66

Jun 12, 2008
Leven
I'm not affiliated to anyone, What gave you that impression?? I care about what is the very best map i can get for my car without it being unsafe.

Why are my comments cheeky? I like to have every piece of information I can before i buy something for my car. I asked you a question about your car and you skirted around the issue.

I don't know you from Adam so why should i take your word without any PROOF that the apr map is the best map available and also the safest? Would you personally guarantee that if my engine went pop you would pay for the repairs????

how many people on here use their car on a track? a tiny minority, and since the speed limit is 70mph i'm pretty positive the majority of folk prefer more low down power.

By your own admission though 50% of the people looking for a map would prefer REVO because it makes more power and more torque down the rev range???

Again this is 1 car which is a car that isn't comparable to anything on a SEAT forum and again there is no proof apart from "I wouldn't be surprised if the golf did an 11.99"

that means absolutely nothing.

I'm not allowed to say anything about apr but you can spout rumours no problem???

Also it's strange that one person who was booked into getting the map free and was going to post all the results up on here had his appointment cancelled at the last minute???

On a final note I will say that it's my opinion that you and maybe another couple of people are being looked after by apr and in return you are using your position as a respected member of this community to try and drum up business for them and encouraging fellow members to put on their car what is an unknown quantity.

If that is the case then it's pretty terrible.

Poverty any chance you can address this post please?

Poverty

I'll get round to it tonight when I'm on a laptop. It's hard to write a proper reply on the iPhone without middling things up.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
While you are at it Pov, what is the skinny on your cars "issue"?

There are rumours ahoy because there has not been anything said about what happened to it or why it happened.

I hope it is nothing serious and you get it back on the go soon :)

Last edited:

Poverty

I broke it at the pod. Exploded clutch, there are no clutches on the market at the moment that will handle the power I'm going for. So it's a case of paying out for standard again, or waiting for the uprated clutches and flywheels. I'm leaning towards the latter, it's a weekend toy so not missing it at the moment. Whilst that gets done I'm gonna mount the APR turbo kit at the same time along with some other bits. Just got my wot box so that's being wired in and then WMI aswell. Inters will be nice :D

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Be careful with the WOTBOX - I know 2 Leon's that had one and both ended with dead engines!

Poverty

Be careful with the WOTBOX - I know 2 Leon's that had one and both ended with dead engines!

Yeah I've heard about that, we're they both 2.0tfsi? In theory with the flat shifting all it does is cut the ignition and the AFR ratio will be silly rich till the ignition resumes. Did they both die whilst using the wot box?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Nope - but possibly as a result of though. Engine failures are not too common and with both these cars being low miles etc, I would have thought that it was a definite contributory factor on both.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I broke it at the pod. Exploded clutch, there are no clutches on the market at the moment that will handle the power I'm going for. So it's a case of paying out for standard again, or waiting for the uprated clutches and flywheels. I'm leaning towards the latter, it's a weekend toy so not missing it at the moment. Whilst that gets done I'm gonna mount the APR turbo kit at the same time along with some other bits. Just got my wot box so that's being wired in and then WMI aswell. Inters will be nice :D

But what about the engine? I thought you were looking £15k repair bill for your engine to be replaced?

Sent from my iPhone

skiddusmarkus

Apr 30, 2010
Poverty I seem to remember a company called superclutch making up one off clutches for high power applications.
I've had a couple of Helix clutches too(paddle and now heavy duty organic) and they are nice to use.They can offer a heavy duty cover too, although not sure about your application.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.