Is this a good deal - Buying new Leon

gregdaisley

You get DRL's - Daytime Running Lights, ADL - Lights turn with the wheel, looking round the corner, Bi-Xenon - means the dipped beam and main beam are delivered from the same bulb (small automatic electric shutter operates when you flash to expose more of the beam), automatic headlamp washer jets, automatic levelling system for steep inclines, towing etc, automatic lights - small sensor detects ambient light conditions and will turn your lights on itself. That's all I can think of so far, I don't have them myself, just want them so bad :( lol!

Last edited:

CraaigFR

Jun 4, 2012
You get DRL's - Daytime Running Lights, ADL - Lights turn with the wheel, looking round the corner, Bi-Xenon - means the dipped beam and main beam are delivered from the same bulb (small automatic electric shutter operates when you flash to expose more of the beam), automatic headlamp washer jets, automatic levelling system for steep inclines, towing etc, automatic lights - small sensor detects ambient light conditions and will turn your lights on itself. That's all I can think of so far, I don't have them myself, just want them so bad :( lol!

Thanks for that mate you sold me on that one :)

18.5k I think thats very expensive, I've got a supercopa with leather, optional alloys, paint guard, and arm rest for not much more than that.

Yeah it is but I have got the £2700 discount on the extras rather than the car, what do you think I should do how much more should I be looking for to get off the price.

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Their seems to be a few deals on the go from some dealers, supposed to be a new leon 2013 wonder if they are starting to clear their feet.I have had the finger on the button on a new FR+ but something is stopping me!!..

Last edited:

CraaigFR

Jun 4, 2012
Im not sure to be honest, why not go for the supercopa and have all of the extras that you have asked for and a bigger engine, seems mad not too.
I expect the insurance will be quite alot more as im only 19 and tbh i dont really need something bigger atm. I was thinking if I could get them to throw in the xenon lights it would be a pretty good discount of around £3500.

Their seems to be a few deals on the go from some dealers, supposed to be a new leon 2013 wonder if they are starting to clear their feet.I have had the finger on the button on a new FR+ but something is stopping me!!..
Maybe who knows :p would suck if they bought out a new one after I go for this :/

CraaigFR

Jun 4, 2012
I guess it aint bd then, esp when you was happy with what you was getting before. What are you going to do??
Well currently standing at £3500 "thrown in" plus whatever fitting and painting costs so over £3.5k. I think its a good deal but im goin to try ask my dad as i dont see him much atall maybe he could help cause a 19 year old walking into a dealers must be the best day of their lives lol.

What does everyone think? deal or no deal lol.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Well currently standing at £3500 "thrown in" plus whatever fitting and painting costs so over £3.5k. I think its a good deal but im goin to try ask my dad as i dont see him much atall maybe he could help cause a 19 year old walking into a dealers must be the best day of their lives lol.

What does everyone think? deal or no deal lol.

Squeeze them till they say no. Up until now theyve agreed to everything youve asked for, so they obviously want a deal. Try and get some road tax and a tank of fuel thrown in for free!

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
id wait till near month end when they need to get there sales targets then they will do even more. i got mine on the last day in the month, granted mine was a used car but i got 2 grands worth of reductions within half an hour and that was before i got mats tax diesel and a 3 year warranty for the price of 2 including rac cover.

id go and sit in front of the salesman with a list of what you want and the more he keeps going back the manager the more id ask for. the more he goes then the more they want your business. then when they say there flat out id say ill think about it and go home, bet they call you within an hour

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Yeah got the lights thrown in...eventually lol you reckon its a good deal?

craig be careful with the finance rate as this is where they might make up there money if you arent careful, they talk in flat rates not apr, on a brand new car you should be able to get very low rate finance if not 0%. i got stung when i was a kid hence now i know how to work them out.

send me a pm if you want me to work out flat rates for you etc

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
I would prob ask for leather, that way you will get heated seats has well, and if they said no I would go to another dealer and say thats what you can get, I did this with mine, I was thinking I couldn't get no more than what I asked for but I did so I was well chuffed when they said yes.

CraaigFR

Jun 4, 2012
Squeeze them till they say no. Up until now theyve agreed to everything youve asked for, so they obviously want a deal. Try and get some road tax and a tank of fuel thrown in for free!
Do you not get a year free road tax with every new car?

Leather interior?
3 years service?
Lifetime warranty?
Im not sure if I want leather or not tbh

id wait till near month end when they need to get there sales targets then they will do even more. i got mine on the last day in the month, granted mine was a used car but i got 2 grands worth of reductions within half an hour and that was before i got mats tax diesel and a 3 year warranty for the price of 2 including rac cover.

id go and sit in front of the salesman with a list of what you want and the more he keeps going back the manager the more id ask for. the more he goes then the more they want your business. then when they say there flat out id say ill think about it and go home, bet they call you within an hour

craig be careful with the finance rate as this is where they might make up there money if you arent careful, they talk in flat rates not apr, on a brand new car you should be able to get very low rate finance if not 0%. i got stung when i was a kid hence now i know how to work them out.

send me a pm if you want me to work out flat rates for you etc
Yeah thats a good idea mate thanks, I know they didnt wana tell me the apr he just kept going on about the flat rate so im getting finance through someone else with a very low apr.

I would prob ask for leather, that way you will get heated seats has well, and if they said no I would go to another dealer and say thats what you can get, I did this with mine, I was thinking I couldn't get no more than what I asked for but I did so I was well chuffed when they said yes.
Yeah alot of people say play the dealers off with the others Im goin to give it a go but not sure if i want leather or not.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I expect the insurance will be quite alot more as im only 19 and tbh i dont really need something bigger atm. I was thinking if I could get them to throw in the xenon lights it would be a pretty good discount of around £3500.

Maybe who knows :p would suck if they bought out a new one after I go for this :/

If I was 19 I wouldn't be buying a Leon unless of course it was the Cupra or Cupra r

There are a lot of better cars out there and still value for money but if you have your heart set on a Leon then go for it.
Why not shop around at dealers and play them off one another to get the best deal?

I think you really need to start again and list out all the options you want now that people have opened your eyes a little and get quotes for the extras you want.

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
If I was 19 I wouldn't be buying a Leon unless of course it was the Cupra or Cupra r

There are a lot of better cars out there and still value for money but if you have your heart set on a Leon then go for it.
Why not shop around at dealers and play them off one another to get the best deal?

I think you really need to start again and list out all the options you want now that people have opened your eyes a little and get quotes for the extras you want.
Leons are desirable looking cars regardless of what age you are, I know all the Leons I've had the lads in my area of that age have loved them. They look nice and there pretty quick for what they are. You can say that about any car regardless of how much you have to spend.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.