OEM Aero Wipers from model other than MK4 Golf?

Amjad

Oct 26, 2010
Cardiff/Southampton Uni
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section but I haven't been on the site in a while!

I drive a 1M 55 Leon FR TDi and I currently have some retrofit aero wipers, but I don't like how they aren't flush with the screen.

I understand most people buy late model MK4 Golf OEM Aero wiper arms to fit to 1M Leons, I was wondering if it was possible to use corresponding wiper arms from any other VAG models for example;

-MK5 Golf?
-MK1/2/3 A3?
-Passat?
-Sharan?

And so on..

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I'd rather pick up a set of these wipers at a breaker rather than paying £50 for some! I'd rather spend money on making the car more fun to drive :D

Thanks!

Amjad

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
No only the bora and mk4 golf.
I have them and you can't see them when they are sat down

The aero blades can be bought to fit the regular "hook" arms.

Standard wiper arm with "hook" aeros

dscf0095medium.jpg

Golf aero wipers

dscf0097medium.jpg

DSCF0096Medium.jpg

Part numbers

S 1J2 955 425B wiper
S 1J2 955 426B wiper
1J2 955 409D arm
1J2 955 410D arm

Prices for the blades were about £25.

Reactions: Amjad

Amjad

Oct 26, 2010
Cardiff/Southampton Uni
Thanks for your reply Lee!

I ordered a set of the wiper arms and blades from a breakers that had an 04 Bora in for scrapping. I just went out to fit them but it didn't go too well!

On one of the wiper arms, the part of the arm that goes from the nut on the scuttle to the joint where it bends is very short, much more so than my OEM arms. This causes the wiper arm to catch underneath the bonnet when you bend it up at the joint. I've tried swapping the passenger and driver side arms around and keep getting the same problem, the only way to avoid this is to set them high up but it looks nothing like yours do (more like I've stopped them halfway through wiping).

Could you possibly show me a picture of your wiper arms around the bottom as I suspect I have the wrong ones somehow! Also did you get yours from a golf or bora?

Thanks

Amjad

Last edited:

Howrare

Nov 17, 2011
Obergurgl, Tirol, Austria
Having decided to get the retro fit ones, I just stumbled across this thread. Brilliant pics Lee, gotta be a pair of MK4/Bora arms and blades, so I just got some off the Bay of E. So much better.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I've also got some know. Just need to trim the blade shorter or the windscreen surround on the passenger side. Lee did I read somewhere that you trimmed the windscreen surround?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
ive just fitted mine, the drivers side fits fine with 21" blade and is roughly same position as my old one, passenger one is well out, like an inch too far, even if i shorten one end, theres still going to be a gap in the middle of the 2 blades meaning a unwashed middle part of the windscreen :confused:

lee have you got a better shot of the passenger side and is it 19" blade ?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
I might have a go at modifying the passenger arm to shorten it about an 1" so when changing blades I don't have to keep cutting them short. The arm where it joins the part where the clip is looks like they might separate.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
I thought about cutting short the blade but ill be loosing screen coverage and the blade wouldnt be central to the arm, and didnt want to have to go through this every time i change blades so thought id modifiy the arm

DSC03930.jpg

DSC03929.jpg

I noticed that at the end of the arm, the blade holder is tightly wrapped together

DSC03931.jpg

so i cut it off, hammered out the piece of arm that was in there and shortned the arm a further inch

DSC03932.jpg

hammered the arm back into the blade bracket and trial fitted the arm to see how far i need to bring it in or out

DSC03933.jpg

then glued for extra stability

DSC03934.jpg

then P40 for more stability
DSC03935.jpg

then P38 to smooth the underside off, sanded, primer filler, black gloss paint
DSC03936.jpg

DSC03939.jpg

DSC03940.jpg

DSC03941.jpg

Finish hasnt got to be perfect as you wont actually ever see it.

Trail fit
DSC03937.jpg

DSC03938.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Nicely done but this pic is wrong to start with
DSC03929.jpg

Thats how it was and it was bolted to the wiper motor aswell. I got Bosch aero 21" drivers side and 19" passenger side unless the bosch after market ones fit different to the OEM VW ones ?

I got them off ebay and it was listed as Golf MK4 Aero wiper arms, passenger part No. 1J2 955 409 D

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Nicely done but this pic is wrong to start with

DSC03929.jpg

You can see how mine sit, with the widow trim trimmed down

DSCF2082Medium.jpg

I hate to say this mate but your blades are on upside down, Lee's are the right way up.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.