OEM Aero Wipers from model other than MK4 Golf?

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
I hate to say this mate but your blades are on upside down, Lee's are the right way up.

ah that would be the size difference then.

Still iam not to worried, ill carry on putting them upside down as thats the way ive set the arms up now. The design of the blade looks universal i.e. doesnt look like theres any performance difference regarding which way you mount them.

iam gonna pop outside now and see the difference lol

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I even went out to the shed to compare as well lol

:lol:

ah that would be the size difference then.

Still iam not to worried, ill carry on putting them upside down as thats the way ive set the arms up now. The design of the blade looks universal i.e. doesnt look like theres any performance difference regarding which way you mount them.

iam gonna pop outside now and see the difference lol

You might find you get a bit of lift at high speeds

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
My blades only have one hole it doesn't go all the way through (genuine bosch) But the wipers that came with a spare set i got, have the hole drilled right the way through, hence the wrong fitting.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
My blades only have one hole it doesn't go all the way through (genuine bosch) But the wipers that came with a spare set i got, have the hole drilled right the way through, hence the wrong fitting.

mine have one hole that DOES go all the way through, says Bosch on it though ?

i switched them around the other way and the blades moved inwards abit but i have to say not alot, maybe 1cm and you can clearly see mine where like 2" out, dodgly wiper blade fitments ? maybe therey werent for a golf MK4 at all ?

oh and by the way lee, your out of date :)

DSCF2082Medium.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Can these blades be picked up from Halfords?

I really need to change mine, time to get the hacksaw out again to shorten the passenger blade.

DSCF1708.jpg

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
So to clarify, the only reason the mk4 wipers weren't fitting because they were upside down and thats why M20FES did all that filling?

Jun 14, 2003
Southampton
Visit site
No the wiper is too long anyway, it needs trimming on the passenger side.
Or do what he did and cut the arm and move it 1"

I've literally just fitted mine this evening and had to chop an inch off the passenger side wiper. Soooo much better looking not to mention they actually work

Crap picture but you get the idea I hope

Before

a3aba6e6.jpg

After

8e7eqy2e.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members