Al's 2010 (60 plate) Speed Blue Revo Stage 2+ Leon Cupra - Moved on to a new home :-)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Being fair, on the road, an LSD is not all that unless you are in to digging trenches. It doesn't help on the 1/4 mile either. Track work and the occasional mad bend on the road is where it's all at with a diff :)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I stay in the country side and would really benefit having the diff fitted. Having seen yours in a vid on the 1/4 mile it looks like the diff helps massively as well.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The fastest 1/4 time done in the blue car was with an open diff and a standard clutch bud. 13.000. Never been able to beat that time with the LSD in although to be fair I kinda blame the clutch for that. 60 foot times really help with 1/4 mile stuff and I have done 2.1's with both open diff and LSD.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Now that's very interesting. So the diff only really comes into its own when seriously pushing it on a track or a tight twisty road??? Learn something new every day lol.

In that case the coilovers would have to stay. You can keep the diff lol.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
So the diff only really comes into its own when seriously pushing it on a track or a tight twisty road???

:yes:. However it feels like you defy the laws of physics when you really push it on bends. Ask Mikey or WeeG about how the car goes round a certain slip road ;)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
That 2nd one looked quick. I would be very interested in the car like I say but its just out my way as I still have mine lol. Oh well hopefully you'll still have it once mine goes. If not then the search continues.

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
The jury's still out on the looks department lol. I really need to have a go in a stage 2+ Leon just to see if it lives up to all the hype. My old Evo was 360bhp and its was bloody quick. I'd expect the Leon to be just as if not quicker.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Leon with the same power will be slower off the mark and faster on the move. Evo would be the better a to b car.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Well the car starts its journey back to standard this week - looks like MK2 Leon ownership is coming to an end :(

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Nope. But it will sell no bother as it is very tidy, in a nice colour and with the best option pack.

Clearly nobody wants it with all the bits on and I know they will sell no bother if I decide to sell them :)

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
That's a bit of a shame. Seem like such a hassle taking all the bits off then having to get the map put back to standard.

I must admit I was secretly hoping it would still be here in a few months lol.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Box clutch and mounts to go first so it will still look the same Michael :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.