What did you and your MK2 do today?

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
I know most won't have problems I just thought they where illegal due to the reflectiveness and the metal isn't. However if they have changed it then it's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I think there are a lot of suppliers of illegal pressed plates but as above there are a few legal suppliers :) I love mine, I think they look so much better than standard plates!

percy555

Hi all, just fitted new Valeo front wiper blades, so much better than the Bosch ones. Now I have to fit rear blade if I can get the old one without damaging the wiper arm. Regards

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Today my mk2 and I hit a badger...

1AFAF21A-35DE-4680-A6F4-4B2E13B44A4B-760-000000A2CC02BF8C_zpsc77dccd1.jpg

I know people say these replica fibre glass front bumpers are not a great fit but does anyone have a photo of one fitted please?

Cost me just over 300 quid in total to get recovered as the police had there people tow me off the motor way even tho I didn't want them too as I had a guy on the way. Then I had to pay the other recovery bloke to get me home.

Fortunately tho the intercooler and rad are ok. Took a bit of a bashing and the pipe came off the rad. As it was dark all I could see was coolant everywhere so assumed the rad was dead but iv been lucky. Just need a new bumper really

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Jesus. What size was the bloody badger???

BIG!!!

Worst bit was the undertray went under the passenger wheel when I was braking so keeping the thing in a straight line was a nightmare. Could have ended up a lot worse.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I dropped my car of today to have the inlet manifold taken off and have all the valves, flaps etc completely cleaned of carbon deposits. Should have done it the last time but I wanted it back for the Crail Revo day lol.

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Gordon of Gwagenz are buddy. The guy that's done all the work on the car so far I told you about. He's just finished doin another mk2 golf 20vt conversion so I wanted to get in there before he gets busy again lol. He'll have it till next week as he'll be fitting my Revo intake as well.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members