Phil's black ibiza FR

Aug 1, 2011
Just a quick photo of the car. With 15mm spacers out back, also have a washer behind the stub axle to stop the rear from scrubbing!

null_zpsc31bcfd3.jpg

Aug 1, 2011
Also recently been fitting parts to allow me to run a single pass inter cooler setup -

Tried fitting the original intake pipe, but it was too much of a squeeze-

Aug 1, 2011
Nothing major gone on recently..

I have had a remap through faboka / hidden-power.co.uk

Nothing but good reviews from me..

And another photo of the engine bay, in the light this time though..

dann2707

MPG Hunter
Sep 9, 2013
Leeds
Have you fitted a different inlet manifold to allow you to have it facing the other way? That's awesome!

Aug 1, 2011
Have you fitted a different inlet manifold to allow you to have it facing the other way? That's awesome!

Yeah, was supposed to be a passat inlet manifold. But after some digging, I've found out it's not from a pd130 passat but something like an Alhambra.

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
Phil quick question.... How come you've mikalor clamped up the inlet? Seeing as there's no pressure I would have saved the cash and put normal ones on there and then used the mikalor clamps for the map sensor?

Aug 1, 2011
Phil quick question.... How come you've mikalor clamped up the inlet? Seeing as there's no pressure I would have saved the cash and put normal ones on there and then used the mikalor clamps for the map sensor?

Mainly so that all the clamps match..

The ones on the map sensor pipe need changing, I did buy more but they haven't turned up yet.

Aug 1, 2011
There's not too much difference between the mikalor clamps and genuine jubilee clamps, not enough to not have matching ones anyway! :D

Aug 1, 2011
Small update :

Been having trouble with the coolant being pressurised after the car has been driven quite hard / on the motorway etc.

Put it down to a head gasket fault.

So, stripped the head off on Saturday at work to get it replaced. Also replaced the timing belt whilst I was there as it had to come off anyway.. So that's its second belt change at only 60k haha
Fitted pd150 head bolts too.

Also painted more bits in the wrinkle paint, so nearly done with paint in the bay.. Gonna do a bit more tidying at some point, might move the washer bottle to the boot as well.
Fitted an s2000 filter from ecp, might have to get the red/black one next time so it matches the colour scheme going on!

Aug 1, 2011
Also had someone ask for a parts list for the tip I've put together..

45-60mm silicone 90 degree reducer.
1/2 meter of 60mm alloy pipe.
60-78mm silicone 90 degree reducer.
1/2 meter of 80mm alloy pipe.
80mm silicone hose - 150mm long.
80mm alloy pipe 45 degree bend.
80mm silicone hose - 150mm long.

2x 63-68mm clamps
1x 47-51mm clamp
5x 85-91mm clamps

Aug 1, 2011
Made a rear strut brace today, wasn't paying £100-odd for a forge one!

Painted crackle black after this point, but didn't get a photo sadly!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.