Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Unlucky mate, I'm starting a list of things to keep a look out for you,

TD's pro race 1.2 same size and offset as mine
H&R ARB's 28/24mmm

lol, I always thought I had normal size arms, I blame the crappy phone camera.

Cheers mate ;)!!!!

Seen an evoms intake on the MK5gti forum

so tempted....but I had me heart set on a revo one :shrug::shrug:

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Cheers mate ;)!!!!

Seen an evoms intake on the MK5gti forum

so tempted....but I had me heart set on a revo one :shrug::shrug:

I seen you comment on that, I was wondering if you had bought it.
You could always buy Evoms till you found a Revo intake. I'm sure the Evoms would sell on easy enough and for a similar price to whats it's going for.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I seen you comment on that, I was wondering if you had bought it.
You could always buy Evoms till you found a Revo intake. I'm sure the Evoms would sell on easy enough and for a similar price to whats it's going for.

Nearly did mate!! I don't mind buying the revo for full price like, just can't resist a bargain lol :rolleyes:

Jamie_Ldn

Granny Shifter
Feb 22, 2014
London
Love this man. Im pretty glad I got a yellow Cupra over a black one in the end as well coming up from a corsa C . I always thought i'd own a red one funny enough. Gonna be keeping an eye on this thread

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Nearly did mate!! I don't mind buying the revo for full price like, just can't resist a bargain lol :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/NWXY2NZw9e4

After 2 attempts of trying to copy a link here is a video made up by Badger of the Awesome gti rr day clips of all the cars that ran. Mine with Evoms followed by Carfoo's with Revo. The Revo is noticeably louder.

If you don't mind paying full whack go straight for the Revo intake.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
http://youtu.be/NWXY2NZw9e4

After 2 attempts of trying to copy a link here is a video made up by Badger of the Awesome gti rr day clips of all the cars that ran. Mine with Evoms followed by Carfoo's with Revo. The Revo is noticeably louder.

If you don't mind paying full whack go straight for the Revo intake.

Will check that video out tonight :)

I would like to the know the difference between performance, if theres not much in it, then I'd be happier with the quieter Evoms tbf

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Love this man. Im pretty glad I got a yellow Cupra over a black one in the end as well coming up from a corsa C . I always thought i'd own a red one funny enough. Gonna be keeping an eye on this thread

Cheers fella

Will check that video out tonight :)

I would like to the know the difference between performance, if theres not much in it, then I'd be happier with the quieter Evoms tbf

On the rollers at Awesome Carfoo's ran 10bhp more than mine, but mine is the old APR 3.1 software and Carfoo's was the new APR 3.4 software. There was meant to be noticeable difference between the software so it's not a fair comparison really.

Watched the video and the revo one is defo louder....sounds nice like

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Hmmmm Revo it is then?

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I think so mate

Don;t wana spend £220 on this evoms and then change me mind in a month or 2!!!

Let me know about them dates for getting exhausts/APR visit yeah?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Nice handling mods mate. The ARBs are the only thing that's missing on mine to make the handling near race car like as the KW V3s are a class act on there own but I have a wee one due in October so its has to be semi comfy lol.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Nice handling mods mate. The ARBs are the only thing that's missing on mine to make the handling near race car like as the KW V3s are a class act on there own but I have a wee one due in October so its has to be semi comfy lol.

Cheers mate, there's still a few other things I plan on doing then I'm going to get some coilovers.
Congratulations mate, you'll need them set on a softer setting when the wee one arrives.

duncinascoob

Jun 28, 2010
Scotland
Get the Evoms!! Great bit of kit.
I have one on mine. 360/350 on APR Stage 1+ with the Evom's and HPFP.
The sound of the Evoms is perfect IMHO if you want a nice crisp induction sound without being obtrusive.
Maybe I'm just getting old but I dont like things to be too loud.

I've also had issues with foam filters in the past where parts of the filter were ingested. :(

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I have one on mine. 360/350 on APR Stage 1+ with the Evom's and HPFP.
The sound of the Evoms is perfect IMHO if you want a nice crisp induction sound without being obtrusive.
Maybe I'm just getting old but I dont like things to be too loud.

I've also had issues with foam filters in the past where parts of the filter were ingested. :(

Ffs man I was all set on getting the revo [:@] lol!!!!!!

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria

I agree with all of this.

Ffs man I was all set on getting the revo [:@] lol!!!!!!

Just think if you can get that Evoms off the mk5 forum you'll save nearly £200 and you could spend that on something else like second hand ARB's, put it towards a set of TD's, SuperPro ALK and the list goes on and on.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members