Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Yesterday I went down to Awesome Gti for the SCN RR day. I had a really good morning, I had leave just after noon for work. It was nice to meet a few people from forum.

My car went on the RR with the older APR stage 1 software and a Evoms intake. I was expecting about 310-315bhp so I was happy with the results. Here's the graph.

0622D3CC-D82E-4F3C-A120-238688E5F299.jpg

53D5EED3-F910-4BB8-A72B-F9962508EE25.jpg

The first run was stopped at just over 5500rpm as the rpm wasn't matched up with the computer.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
So yesterday I finally got time to fit my THS FR3 engine and transmission mounts. It was actually quite easy, I just followed these guides I found,
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3991036
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3980530

I also found a guide for the torque mounts which I'm going to order later to finish the full set of THS mounts.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3653871

I've not test drove my car properly yet as my girlfriend was in with me and doesn't like the way I drive.
But the little drive I went for you can feel a bit more vibration from the engine in the cabin. I test it better later today.

duncinascoob

Jun 28, 2010
Scotland
Car is looking fantastic. Just the right spec for a road car!! Must find time to fit my engine mounts!

Haha. My wife did 2 laps of KnockHill with me in my old Scoob (~400BHP) and insisted I took her back to the pits RIGHT AWAY! LOL
I took her round Ingleston once in her old car (A tweaked newage WRX with ~350BHP) and she was screaming and nearly threw up........... She's never gone on track with me again.
On the road I'm normally pretty calm, especially when she's in the car but I did have a pretty lairy run in my old scoob with a couple bikes round some twisties up near Inverness and she went mental at me so I backed off but it was fun while it lasted. :)

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I know that feeling :rolleyes:

Less ear ache just testing things and enjoying my car when I'm on my own.

Car is looking fantastic. Just the right spec for a road car!! Must find time to fit my engine mounts!

Haha. My wife did 2 laps of KnockHill with me in my old Scoob (~400BHP) and insisted I took her back to the pits RIGHT AWAY! LOL

I took her round Ingleston once in her old car (A tweaked newage WRX with ~350BHP) and she was screaming and nearly threw up........... She's never gone on track with me again.

On the road I'm normally pretty calm, especially when she's in the car but I did have a pretty lairy run in my old scoob with a couple bikes round some twisties up near Inverness and she went mental at me so I backed off but it was fun while it lasted. :)

Cheers mate, what mounts have you got waiting to fit?

Hahaha RIGHT AWAY! I don't think I would ever take my girlfriend on the track, the warm up lap would be ok for her but after that no chance.

duncinascoob

Jun 28, 2010
Scotland
Have BSH mounts sat in the garage LOL
Yeah they seem a little sensitive to fast driving. Having said that she did do 3 runs at Ingleston her self and she was getting faster each time. I've also managed to get her to help in the garage a couple times. Lapping in valves and fitting piston rings. She's also pretty good at helping me bleed brakes and little jobs like that.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Have BSH mounts sat in the garage LOL

Yeah they seem a little sensitive to fast driving. Having said that she did do 3 runs at Ingleston her self and she was getting faster each time. I've also managed to get her to help in the garage a couple times. Lapping in valves and fitting piston rings. She's also pretty good at helping me bleed brakes and little jobs like that.

Mine were sat waiting to go on for while, when I put them on I wish I done it sooner as it was a lot easier than I thought.

Sounds like you picked a good one there, driving fast and helping in the garage.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I went out for a test drive today to see how the engine mounts improved things.
I'm happy with the mounts I didn't realise how much they would improve the ride/traction. The vibration isn't bad at all and there is a little more engine noise in the cabin but it sounds good.

Next up is BCS downpipe and sports cat and APR stage 2 software upgrade at Awesome Gti, while I'm at Awesome I'm going to get the THS FR3 torque mount.
Just waiting on Betty's powervalve cat back to get made so I can book in for the dp fitting the same day so I can hear the powervalve in real life.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I gave the car a quick wash this morning and took a couple of pics as it looked really shiny in the sun.

My car is due a good clean very soon as there is a few tar spots on it that's annoying me. So when I get a free day it will be snow foam (it will be the 1st time I have ever used it), shampoo, tar remover and iron x, shampoo, dry, polish and wax.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
These arrived today,

H&R front and rear anti roll bars the thicker set 28mm front and 24mm rear. I'm looking forward to getting them fit as loads of people rate them very highly. I'm thinking about having ago myself see when I can get time.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
These arrived today,

H&R front and rear anti roll bars the thicker set 28mm front and 24mm rear. I'm looking forward to getting them fit as loads of people rate them very highly. I'm thinking about having ago myself see when I can get time.

Nice socks dude ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise