Expected Delivery?

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Had mine for 2 weeks today, similar spec to yours, you'll love it! Done about 800 miles in mine, average 48+ mpg, some decent runs but quite a lot of town/traffic jams as well. The roof is very nice, admired by all....and that's closed!
Conal

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
That's good to hear, was a bit undecided about the sunrrof as it's an expensive option, but like the additional light in the cabin plus came with the LED interior lights so went for it. Plus I think it contrasts well against the red paint

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
To be fair it is a luxury item but if you can afford it why not? It certainly makes the cabin a lot brighter by day but we were out with friends the other night and the wives were in the back and discussing how nice it was to be able to see the stars! Lol! The LED lighting is very nice, not quite sure what the purpose of the lights in the door cards is but I like it, then there's the footwell lighting whilst driving, what's that for? It's all good fun!
Despite the various reports on here I actually like the Satnav especially having the directions coming up on the screen right in front of you.
Sure you'll love it when it comes.
Conal

RedBarchetta

Oct 28, 2014
Ordered mine on 12th September, built on 18th October and just been told it arrived in UK and should be ready to collect next week. That's 8 weeks from order for factory build. Can't wait to collect :)

That's great to hear that 8 weeks is a possibility. Ordered a couple of days ago - unlikely I know but a pre-Christmas delivery would be fantastic.

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
To be fair it is a luxury item but if you can afford it why not? It certainly makes the cabin a lot brighter by day but we were out with friends the other night and the wives were in the back and discussing how nice it was to be able to see the stars! Lol! The LED lighting is very nice, not quite sure what the purpose of the lights in the door cards is but I like it, then there's the footwell lighting whilst driving, what's that for? It's all good fun!
Despite the various reports on here I actually like the Satnav especially having the directions coming up on the screen right in front of you.
Sure you'll love it when it comes.
Conal

Is yours an ST though? The one on the 5dr isn't as good, and doubt people is the back will be star gazing!

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Yes mine is an ST. I think the people in the back seat actually get the best deal!
Conal

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
What sort of info can the dealer give us at various stages of the build process? We ordered ours about 6 weeks ago and we last spoke to the dealer about 3 weeks back at which point they couldn't tell us anything other than the original estimated 12 week delivery time.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
They can tell you the build week, once its built,once its loaded onto the ship (and give you the ship name aswell)

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
Cheers, roughly when would they know the build week do you think? Given we're ~6 weeks into a potential 12 week delivery I would imagine they should already know that, if not already being built.

I'll drop them an email and see how things are progressing, I think from a couple of posts we're possibly getting the car from the same dealer as JackReacher (Portsmouth?) and only ordered a week or so after he did, but ours is an ST so not necessarily expecting the same 8 week turnaround.

Last edited:

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
I'm not getting mine from Portsmouth, it's a dealer in north Hampshire. I was given a build week a week after ordering, the dealer has been very good with comms, seems to phone me every other week with an update and have never needed to contact him. Maybe the ST has longer lead times?

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
Ah ok, not far off and actually probably closer to home than Portsmouth for us near Bordon! The salesperson we're dealing with is quite new to the dealership i think so perhaps doesn't know the ins and outs of the order process, might have to push them a bit harder to get more info as I've not had any updated info from the day we ordered.

kmanmx

Jan 21, 2013
Got an email to say they are now expecting my Cupra to arrive at the dealer on 30th Jan 2015. Original estimate was 15th Jan.

Really not too fussed. Greatly looking forward to driving the car, but the closer to spring my car arrives the better :)

Last edited:

Wheels

Oct 19, 2014
Picking my Leon first thing tomorrow morning! Today is going to be a very, very long day! Give me the strength I need..

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
For all of you lucky bu663rs picking up your shiney new Leon's, spare a thought for us old-timers who ordered ages ago and are still waiting! :sleepy:

Congratulations by the way :D

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
Ah ok, not far off and actually probably closer to home than Portsmouth for us near Bordon!

Oh right, getting mine from Aldershot so probably your local dealer! I think Portsmouth might have given me a slightly better deal but still got a very good deal and happy with the sevice I'm getting so far.

Can anyone recommend a sealant to use on a new car, decided against the Autoglym dealer option.

cptSparko

Apr 11, 2014
There are so many different sealants. detailingworld.co.uk is the best place for advice. Personally I use tough prep&coat by autofinesse, then some wax over the top.

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Oh right, getting mine from Aldershot so probably your local dealer! I think Portsmouth might have given me a slightly better deal but still got a very good deal and happy with the sevice I'm getting so far.

Can anyone recommend a sealant to use on a new car, decided against the Autoglym dealer option.

Picking mine up from SMC Aldershot tomorrow! :funk: