Are people happy with their Cupra ?

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
I was reading some posts earlier today and there seemed to be a lot of negativity about their cars.

I've just ordered an St Cupra after reading such glowing press reviews. What is the general consensus on the forum?

Comments welcome

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
extremely but it's very early days. tailgating BMW drivers must realise what im driving because the daily occurrence hasn't happened this week :) and will be unplugging the soundaktor as soon as i get the chance.

Last edited:

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
i'd looked at getting the M135i but didn't want the generic public perception that went with it :D

The one series is so cramped it's no good for a family. I'm sure the 135 is awesome to drive but also expensive to run. I bought the Cupra as a company car. The tax is high enough without going to a 3 litre v6.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
The one series is so cramped it's no good for a family. I'm sure the 135 is awesome to drive but also expensive to run. I bought the Cupra as a company car. The tax is high enough without going to a 3 litre v6.

it was the seats more than anything. a mate's just bought a 120d, i couldn't find a comfortable position and had a numb a$$ in less than 25 minutes during a 4 hour journey lol

Last edited:

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
it was the seats more than anything. a mate's just bought a 120d, i couldn't find a comfortable position and had a numb a$$ in less than 25 minutes lol

It's not a comfortable car. It's cramped as I mentioned but is also difficult to get in and out of. It's also a pain in the ass to get young kids in and out of car seats in the back. Boot small. Manual gearbox is notchy as hell. Laggy engine. Need I go on.

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
Overall, not really. The performance is very addictive, when you can actually use it, but that's not enough. What really takes the pee, though is the completely useless dealers. And that's coming from someone who once owned a Shitroen!

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
It's not a comfortable car. It's cramped as I mentioned but is also difficult to get in and out of. It's also a pain in the ass to get young kids in and out of car seats in the back. Boot small. Manual gearbox is notchy as hell. Laggy engine. Need I go on.
lol my mate had tried to persuade me to get one and i thought with it being a more square shape (because i was leaning toward carrying capacity for traveling parts of europe with my bikes etc) that the 1-series would be sufficient but when i discovered it's humble amount of interior space that's when i changed my mind. i hadn't sat in it before then so when i eventually did it sealed it's fate.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
I only tend to switch between comfort around town, individual for long runs (which has Eco set) and then Cupra mode for fun... In all honesty I've never used sport!
i've tried all the modes but for the moment im mostly using Individual with a Comfort/Eco bias because it's only done 350 miles and i like the coasting mode when i take my foot off the gas. that's not to say i've been soft with the throttle, quite the opposite, i just haven't visited the other side of 4000 rpm yet and because of refraining from spirited driving the only noticeable difference i've felt so far between Cupra and Sport seems to be the intensity of the soundaktor :)

Last edited:

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Must admit the main concern I now have Polkr is the dreaded wheel tramp that is being talked about on another thread.

I had hoped that the combo of traction control and esp as well as the trick electro mechanical diff would deal with tramp and torque steer, unless everyone is giving full welly all the time, giving it large!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members