Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

ronnoc

Feb 2, 2015
thanks I'll keep that in mind. the car is going into the local seat dealership next week to get the rattle looked at under warranty so I'll post am update on the conclusion if it gets fixed and what the cause is. thanks again.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Double sided sticky tape foam for me, in black. Gonna have have a route around my passenger speaker at the weekend as I have a rattle down there now :(

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
The rattles in my FR are driving me mad. I fixed the door rattles myself some time ago, but now have:
- A rattle coming from the windscreen air vent, worse when it's hot. If I lean forward and push on it it stops.
- A squeak from the point where the dashboard meets the instrument cluster at the top.
- The passenger seat height control lever rattles against the plastic side of the seat.
- A new one this morning, as yet unidentified, somewhere towards the passenger door, but not the door itself.

Last edited:

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
My passenger door seems to lightly rattle. If I lean over and press it the noise goes away

Sent from my LG G Flex2

Last edited:

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
My passenger door seems to lightly rattle. If I mean over and press it the noise goes away

Sent from my LG G Flex2

Mine has that exactly problem and its driving me mad!

Does anyone have an easy solution? Otherwise im gonna have to go down the dealer but i bet they wont give me a courtesy car and I need it for work every day!

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
Nice! How long did they take to do it? Did you get a courtesy car?

Mine's going into my dealer tomorrow for rattle problems, this will be the 3rd visit for them. ha ha.
I've got a car but it's taken 2 weeks to get a booking with a courtesy car but they want mine for 2 days incase they need to order new bits. I'm tempted to try and get new door cards as the rattles are driving me mad.

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
Mine's going into my dealer tomorrow for rattle problems, this will be the 3rd visit for them. ha ha.
I've got a car but it's taken 2 weeks to get a booking with a courtesy car but they want mine for 2 days incase they need to order new bits. I'm tempted to try and get new door cards as the rattles are driving me mad.

How did they do this time?

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
How did they do this time?

It didn't do it when they had it which was frustrating. However tonight on the way home it was doing it so popped in and took the service guy out in it who heard the rattle. They're booking it back in to have a look at it, just going to try and get some sound recoding on my phone of it as back up but I'm hopeful that because they've heard it it's enough to look inside the door.
Fingers crossed as it's about 12 out of 10 on the annoyance scale.

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
Right!

I have wedged a small piece of card in the corner between the door card and the frame of the door next to the bottom left corner of the window. It has dulled the rattle dramatically :)

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
Right!

I have wedged a small piece of card in the corner between the door card and the frame of the door next to the bottom left corner of the window. It has dulled the rattle dramatically :)

I take it you've done it on the side so it doesn't loosen when you open the window?

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
I take it you've done it on the side so it doesn't loosen when you open the window?

Yes. Here it is. Im going to replace it with a piece a little smaller and black,

IxgZMvl.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise