What did you and your MK2 do today?

joncro

May 5, 2016
had quite an expensive one!! 4 new tyres, disks and pads all round, ABS sensor and NSR wheel bearing
Just had the nrs wheel bearing and ABS sensor done myself...looks like a common weak point on this platform.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
I didn't mention machine polishing in a 3-5 stage detail. I know how long machine polishing takes with a rotary let alone a DA.

I meant 3-5 stage details as I did yesterday (no mention of machine polishing). The stages I refer to are the stages I would carry out... ie Snow foam, APC, washing, iron-x, claying, polish, wax/sealant etc etc.

I would never charge £40-60 for a car to be machine polished lol.

ah right getting you now never heard of them classed as stages haha i just call it washing and decontaminating :') i only snow foam or APC too both do same thing (pre wash) save your products then haha! i might do the lower half of the car with APC in winter when its proper minging to give that extra bite :D

i know i'm same with pricing when mates ask me to do theirs, too many cowboys around that'll actually 'try' doing it for £40 though unfortunately :cry:

Last edited:

a.walker144

Jan 28, 2016
Yeah will post on the local forums too, see if I get any interest. I wouldn't mind just doing it on weekends for extra cash to start. I do enjoy doing it though and seeing the finished results.

All depends what you'd want doing really. Full machine polish and correction would be a lengthy job but just a good 3-5 stage detail like what I did yesterday I'd say £40-60 (approx 4-5 hours).

Thanks mate, I'm based in Middlesbrough.

Something like your mate does would be the dream job haha. It's something I enjoy doing and get satisfaction from the results. I have a fairly decent portfolio of work I've done in the past.

Exactly the same as me, I do machine polishing too but the vast majority of people haven't a clue what that is lol.
Id be interested and im local redcar

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
All depends what you'd want doing really. Full machine polish and correction would be a lengthy job but just a good 3-5 stage detail like what I did yesterday I'd say £40-60 (approx 4-5 hours).

Sounds really good for pricing that mate! :)

I know what machine polishing is and before I ever take that route I'd like to get the car to where I want it to be first which will take some doing! XD

Say for the £60 treatment, what would you do? I'm really interested in having it done but obviously not just yet due to having a few things I need to sort out first so will be a while!

--Lee

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
ah right getting you now never heard of them classed as stages haha i just call it washing and decontaminating :') i only snow foam or APC too both do same thing (pre wash) save your products then haha! i might do the lower half of the car with APC in winter when its proper minging to give that extra bite :D

i know i'm same with pricing when mates ask me to do theirs, too many cowboys around that'll actually 'try' doing it for £40 though unfortunately :cry:

Yeah, I just listed snow foam & APC as options as I too use one or the other. I tend to do the wheel arches etc in winter with APC, plus the Valet pro citrus one smells nice lol.

I hate naming prices as people think its expensive but they dont realise it's more than just a wash and polish.

Id be interested and im local redcar

Nice one I'm located in New Marske.

Sounds really good for pricing that mate! :)

I know what machine polishing is and before I ever take that route I'd like to get the car to where I want it to be first which will take some doing! XD

Say for the £60 treatment, what would you do? I'm really interested in having it done but obviously not just yet due to having a few things I need to sort out first so will be a while!

--Lee

For the £60 I would pre wash (snow foam or APC), wash (2 bucket method), Iron-x, clay, polish, wax or sealant then all the finishing touches like exhaust, tyres and trims & all windows. Also engine bay if required.

Last edited:

zamzia

Gixer 750 K8
Dec 6, 2010
Newmarket
Cheers Craig, I'd love to but, it's getting the clients and would need a unit for winter etc to keep it going through the year. Might start advertising it again an see what happens :)

Nice work chap, shame you're so darn far away or I'd be tapping you up for some action

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
For the £60 I would pre wash (snow foam or APC), wash (2 bucket method), Iron-x, clay, polish, wax or sealant then all the finishing touches like exhaust, tyres and trims & all windows. Also engine bay if required.

What's the difference between Snow Foam and APC?

That's a lot of work and your pictures speak a million words on how much effort is put in! :)

For me to have it done though it would be better if I was up at my family's in Manchester and travel to you over a weekend otherwise it's a 4 and half hour drive from where I live to Middlesbrough haha!

I'd say your work is definitely worth the travel though! :)

--Lee

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Yeah, I just listed snow foam & APC as options as I too use one or the other. I tend to do the wheel arches etc in winter with APC, plus the Valet pro citurs one smells nice lol.

I hate naming prices as people think its expensive but they dont realise it's more than just a wash and polish.

thats it! one product i got on to last winter and i found workedvery well diluted around 1:20 wa power maxed TFR through a pump sprayer! i usually associate this with the local turks £5 wash but been non caustic its very good and at that dilution LSP safe :D

exactly thats why i only do mates or people i know otherwise they look at me gone out when i tell them what it'll cost to be done proprly as i dont cut corners or do half a job

a.walker144

Jan 28, 2016
Yeah, I just listed snow foam & APC as options as I too use one or the other. I tend to do the wheel arches etc in winter with APC, plus the Valet pro citrus one smells nice lol.

Nice one I'm located in New Marske.

How much would you charge for swirl marks to be removed or depends how bad

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
What's the difference between Snow Foam and APC?

That's a lot of work and your pictures speak a million words on how much effort is put in! :)

For me to have it done though it would be better if I was up at my family's in Manchester and travel to you over a weekend otherwise it's a 4 and half hour drive from where I live to Middlesbrough haha!

I'd say your work is definitely worth the travel though! :)

--Lee

Difference between the two is foam is applied with a foam lance and can be left for around 5+minutes to dwell and do it's thing which is good as it gives you a little time to do some other bits and APC is applied using a pump sprayer (like a garden one) but I find you can't leave it as long as it dries quicker. Essentially they do the same job, but APC seem a bit better on the wheel arches etc, plus is smells nicer lol.

that i do know :cartman: one stage on my ST it was nearly perfect on the FR it was about 70% better both been dreadful when i started them!

PITA german paint :censored:

Yeah my old Gti-6 was a doddle compared to the Leon, but hopefully should be slightly quicker with a rotary, though I do prefer using the Porter cable.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Difference between the two is foam is applied with a foam lance and can be left for around 5+minutes to dwell and do it's thing which is good as it gives you a little time to do some other bits and APC is applied using a pump sprayer (like a garden one) but I find you can't leave it as long as it dries quicker. Essentially they do the same job, but APC seem a bit better on the wheel arches etc, plus is smells nicer lol.

Ahh, thanks for getting back to me on this, well I'd leave that up to you when the time comes if you're up for the job! :D As I said though it will be a while before I take a trip that far north haha! :D

As for what I did to my Leon, yesterday I replaced front and rear pads, and to say they was bad was an understatement. I had it off my brother and the MoT is due November, his brakes never came up as an advisory or anything, they should have been flagged as they was ridiculous! :blink:

I'll get some pictures up shortly to show how bad they really was haha! :rofl:

Pictures!

Old Vs New Pad! :blink:
VXvQwNW.jpg

This is one little hidden nasty I found tooting around :(
WptdGQf.jpg

--Lee

Last edited:

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
What did you think of the new venue? I thought it was spot on, food was a bit pricey but you would expect that we just went to the Trafford Centre

Never been before but it was good and the venue was huge!

Yea food and drink are always stupid prices, went over to Five Guy's.. which probably cost more than the food there anyway. :D

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Ahh, thanks for getting back to me on this, well I'd leave that up to you when the time comes if you're up for the job! :D As I said though it will be a while before I take a trip that far north haha! :D

As for what I did to my Leon, yesterday I replaced front and rear pads, and to say they was bad was an understatement. I had it off my brother and the MoT is due November, his brakes never came up as an advisory or anything, they should have been flagged as they was ridiculous! :blink:

I'll get some pictures up shortly to show how bad they really was haha! :rofl:

Pictures!

Old Vs New Pad! :blink:
VXvQwNW.jpg

This is one little hidden nasty I found tooting around :(
WptdGQf.jpg

--Lee

Is there anything left on those old pads lol, shocking that they weren't flagged up!

Regarding the back box, my brothers did the same and the skin came off but has been fine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise