2017 Leon!!!

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Not a fan of the spot lights. Not sure why it just doesn't look as aggressive. If you could get an SC in AWD I'd be all over it!

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I much prefer the 10 spoke alloys on the first pictures of the 300, to the ones on the UK version.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I agree, I have been driving my cupra 290 with dsg box and the biggest issue is getting the power on to the tarmac. This will hopefully improve in the warmer weather when the tarmac heats up. But how mucher faster would this be if you could actually get the power on to the ground without wheels spinning and skipping left to right on take off?!

If you aren't careful, the tyres still spin when it's warm and dry. I threw the Bridgestones away and got all-round Goodyear Assy 2's and they still spin up. I'm currently running Nokian WR D4 winter tyres and even they still spin when it's cold, although I drive carefully with winters. I haven't put my foot down properly since December, for example.

The key sentence above is "if you aren't careful". I'm able to accelerate away without spinning my tyres at all simply by feeding the power in. If you press the loud pedal from 0 you're going to spin the wheels up in any car running so much power.

Some tips for you:

- Turn the TCS off. The car is much quicker - no power cut off.
- If you want to set off fast from a standing start, knock the DSG box into manual. It allows you to control the throttle more and upshift early yourself. Less spin.
- Again, if you want to set off with less spin, choose Eco mode. It dulls the power in 1st, but still fast.
- Get better tyres. I don't recommend Asymmetric 2 having had them on the 280, although that model has been replaced now with Asymmetric 3.

Last edited:

8cylinder

Oct 21, 2016
We have just took delivery of two new leons.
A 1.4tsi 150 cod fr and a 1.6 tdi se dynamic technology.
The se is a bit bland but the 5dr fr in desire red is very nice indeed.
The cupra 300 in desire red will be stunning.

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
well a good morning folks just like to share yesterday seen and sat in the 2017 leon fr only the 1.4 well mixed feelings
1st the roof linings are cream not black as some body mentioned not a deal breaker 2nd keyless entry push button starter a option and quite a expensive one looking at the options list had the not so good looking 18" wheels which was a option overall a bit disappointed with what I saw.... my car is up to be changed this year and was looking forward to seeing in the flesh by the time I have chosen the options etc I would like I will be treading on near cupra money or very near and there is no contest
feeling a bit deflated may have to look at others boo hoo

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Not faster at all...what is the difference between 280,290 and 300?
- Badge

Is there any proof on this? I have seen some dyno results of a 280 getting near 300hp and over 270nm... but if the 300 is going to be the same then that would suggest VW are overrating it (remember they are also increasing stated torque to 380nm).

Overrating power and torque figures seems very non-German.

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Is there any proof on this? I have seen some dyno results of a 280 getting near 300hp and over 270nm... but if the 300 is going to be the same then that would suggest VW are overrating it (remember they are also increasing stated torque to 380nm).

Overrating power and torque figures seems very non-German.

280 and 290 has been underrated, same engine in Golf R and S3 has stated 300hp.
I have seen similar number on the same dyno from stock S3, R and 280/290 some of them under 300hp, some of them bit over.
Also 265 Cupra, no difference in power at all, pushed same numbers than those above.

All about politics, SEAT can not be officially as powerful as VW or Audi.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I'll dig my dyno results out. My 265 made 292BHP so I have no doubt a 280/290 would make more.

280 and 290 has been underrated, same engine in Golf R and S3 has stated 300hp.
I have seen similar number on the same dyno from stock S3, R and 280/290 some of them under 300hp, some of them bit over.
Also 265 Cupra, no difference in power at all, pushed same numbers than those above.

All about politics, SEAT can not be officially as powerful as VW or Audi.
There is a difference the 265 is running around 4/5 PSI less boost.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
well a good morning folks just like to share yesterday seen and sat in the 2017 leon fr only the 1.4 well mixed feelings
1st the roof linings are cream not black as some body mentioned not a deal breaker 2nd keyless entry push button starter a option and quite a expensive one looking at the options list had the not so good looking 18" wheels which was a option overall a bit disappointed with what I saw.... my car is up to be changed this year and was looking forward to seeing in the flesh by the time I have chosen the options etc I would like I will be treading on near cupra money or very near and there is no contest
feeling a bit deflated may have to look at others boo hoo

Black roof lining is also an option - at least in Europe from the spec sheets I looked at.

Yes keyless even an option on the Cupra's which is a little disappointing.

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Got conformation from the dealer a few days ago on status of my order. They said my new Leon is coming in about 3 weeks from now.
For those interested it's Leon FR 5dr 184ps DSG.
Cheers.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Hi, when I was looking to order mine, this was just before Christmas, I was told by two separate dealers that any car ordered wouldn't arrive until after April.

Don't know whether this has changed? I think a lot also depends on spec and colour. Certainly for the 1.4 ECO Tsi this engine is apparently in high demand.

Out of interest what were you quoted in terms of delivery time?

Also, what spec did you go for if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers :cheers:

Not at all

FR ST
1.4 ECO TSI 6sp manual
Boheme Purple
18" machined alloys
Leather/electric seat/winterpack
Panoramic Roof + LED illumination
Towbar + spare wheel
ACC + conv. pack plus
Connectivity box
Camera Pack + front parking sensors

Yeah I heard April as well. Need to start building it pretty soon though for that to happen. I still haven't heard.

Last edited:

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Just ordered my leon 1.4 xcellence with a delivery estimate of 15th May assuming it will be later though.

Anyone had estimated dates on there my17 leons

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.