what did you and your mk3 leon do today

russwuss

Mar 5, 2017
8e3c86bef00cd616d9cd8f847ab8d76e.jpg

Fitted the Eibach Pro kit springs 35mm front and 30mm rear drop. Well pleased

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How's the handling / ride comfort on the Eibach springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russwuss

Mar 5, 2017
Two day detail on mine;
Washed
De-Tar
Fallout Remover
Clay
Washed again
Menzerna FG400
Menzerna SF3800
Then two coats of fusso wax

Can't feel my arm

8bbe97454685ca612ca703841dde2a6b.jpg
040d689e642eab1be9cdcf32b8b65861.jpg

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
How's the handling / ride comfort on the Eibach springs?

I'm pleasantly surprised that it's comfortable and not overly jiggly on the bumpy stuff. Can definitely feel the difference between standard FR spec and these. Much reduced body roll when cornering. Mines the independent rear suspension model as well.

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Two day detail on mine;
Washed
De-Tar
Fallout Remover
Clay
Washed again
Menzerna FG400
Menzerna SF3800

Can't feel my arm

8bbe97454685ca612ca703841dde2a6b.jpg
040d689e642eab1be9cdcf32b8b65861.jpg

Is that White or Nevada White? Considering getting a new car detailing done on mine. The Dealers Diamondbrited it for free and to be fair, they've done an excellent job, just wondering if it could look even better.

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Anyone catch Top Gear? Them driving the pants off the Golf GTI Clubsport S got me really excited, pretty much identical to our cars yes?

russwuss

Mar 5, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised that it's comfortable and not overly jiggly on the bumpy stuff. Can definitely feel the difference between standard FR spec and these. Much reduced body roll when cornering. Mines the independent rear suspension model as well.

Nice might give them a go - thanks! I've always had coilovers on previous cars due to the dampers being knackered already. Think mine has the rear suspension thingy as well, is a 184?

russwuss

Mar 5, 2017
Nice job :) how often do you repeat this?

Erm; probably once every 6 months? Only got the car last weekend. The clay part is well worth doing; did half the bonnet and the clay was black with all the contaminants in the paint.

Is that White or Nevada White? Considering getting a new car detailing done on mine. The Dealers Diamondbrited it for free and to be fair, they've done an excellent job, just wondering if it could look even better.

LB9A the paint code is? Comes up as Candy White? Definitely worth while doing, mine had severe swirls in the paint work plus a few scratches here and there which the polisher just took straight out. A good coat of wax is definitely worth while to look after the paint. Plus the way water beads off is pretty good...

7ce26ff4c2bfc6e464fb29a42433e19b.jpg

Looks well clean ...

Thanks!

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Nice might give them a go - thanks! I've always had coilovers on previous cars due to the dampers being knackered already. Think mine has the rear suspension thingy as well, is a 184?

Have a good look on ebay and check sellers part numbers for the right set. Mine came from Germany
with free delivery for £60 less than any UK sellers. You can also check the part number on the Eibach website.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

SteveFR

Dec 7, 2016
Bucks

Reduced body roll does sound appealing... how are those springs with pothole filled roads though?

As I've found the FR suspension on 18" rims can be a bit rough on my spine compared to my old Focus Zetec on 17" rims... although maybe I'm just getting old :cry:

Two day detail on mine;
Washed
De-Tar
Fallout Remover
Clay
Washed again
Menzerna FG400
Menzerna SF3800

Can't feel my arm

What with all that wax on and wax off, you must be really good at karate :D

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Reduced body roll does sound appealing... how are those springs with pothole filled roads though?

As I've found the FR suspension on 18" rims can be a bit rough on my spine compared to my old Focus Zetec on 17" rims... although maybe I'm just getting old :cry:

What with all that wax on and wax off, you must be really good at karate :D
It's not any worse than standard to be honest. Mine is on 18's as well. It's worth the effort.

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
My Fan washers arrived from China today, only cost me like £8 or something and they arrived in less than 2 weeks. Fitted them and adjusted them nicely.

I know my car has less than 400 miles on it, but I picked my wife up from the gym and came home and achieved 16 MPG. took me an hour to do the 6 mile round trip. I didn't buy the car for fuel economy but someone please assure me that once it has a few thousand on it, the economy will be a little better than that in heavy traffic.

Also, which DSG drivers put their car into neutral when stopped?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise