Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
Only thing with changing wheels according to seat it voids warranty :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
Well, I picked up my new car this afternoon so I'm a happy bunny :D

8 weeks delivery, not bad for the 150 engine, considering the reports.

So far, it's as expected — I had a TDI 184 on loan for a few weeks last year so I know what I'm getting into. The petrol engine sounds much smoother and sweeter, but I'm keeping it gentle for now.

Of the changes in the Mk3.5 (can I call it that?), the touch screen console is my favourite, it's great. I'm not sure I like the visual changes as much as the pre-facelift. And the Seat Sound System is disappointing (so far). But plenty of time to get to know it all better over the weekend.

Last edited:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I definitely prefer the facelift to the original model looks wise but then again I came from the se dynamic model to the fr so was always going to be an improvement. The 1.4 ecotsi just drives and pulls so much smoother than the 1.2 tsi I had in the previous one. I'm loving it. Have already installed the fan washer jets and have some other minor plans too. The only thing I am disappointed with at the moment is the fact that the footwell lights are white whereas the door cards can be changed. I looked today and they are a single led on a circuit board so is nigh on impossible for me to change as well!!!

Last edited:

sboothy

Apr 3, 2017
Good mate! The A92 was shut at slip off the M90, so took over an hour to get up from Edinburgh!

Apart from coming home, I nipped out for a run to Kirknewton and back. I love it! Coming from the SE is such a difference. Everything feels a bit tight just now, so hopefully loosen off after a few thousand miles.

Android Auto is fantastic and I've had a muck around with all the options/lights etc. Any advice on the dipping the left mirror in reverse? Ticked in the settings but can't seem to get it to learn when selecting reverse? Also is reversing sensor purely just a tone? No guide on the screen?

Thanks in advance!

I now have had my FR 1.4 Eco Tsi Tech and I'm in the same position, I cannot for the life of me get it to dip the wing mirror even after following the instructions in the manual, Did you manage to figure it out??
I have a guide on screen for the reversing sensor but I also have the camera pack. When i move forward after being in reverse It will then show me the direction the front wheels are facing with the angle etc

arf1989

Apr 9, 2014
I now have had my FR 1.4 Eco Tsi Tech and I'm in the same position, I cannot for the life of me get it to dip the wing mirror even after following the instructions in the manual, Did you manage to figure it out??
I have a guide on screen for the reversing sensor but I also have the camera pack. When i move forward after being in reverse It will then show me the direction the front wheels are facing with the angle etc

For the passenger mirror to dip, you need to select the passenger mirror in the mirror joystick when in reverse. It is quite manual however - from there you can select how much you want it to dip. So the next time when you want it to dip, you can just select it on the mirror joystick and it will dip to the angle you left it before.

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
Yes.

Move mirror joystick to 'L'
Select reverse
Adjust mirror using the joystick to desired position when reversing.

After that, the mirror should move to normal position when taken out of reverse. Note that to have the mirror move to the reversing position, the joystick MUST be in position 'L' each time.

Last edited:

sboothy

Apr 3, 2017
Yes.

Move mirror joystick to 'L'
Select reverse
Adjust mirror using the joystick to desired position when reversing.

After that, the mirror should move to normal position when taken out of reverse. Note that to have the mirror move to the reversing position, the joystick MUST be in position 'L' each time.

And thats why it doesnt work, the manual says select R!!

mcmul

Mar 13, 2017
And thats why it doesnt work, the manual says select R!!

I was literally fighting this exact problem yesterday. Managed to get the passenger-side mirror into position now (by selecting L). Still can't fix the drive-side mirror, however. Oddly, I have selected to sync mirror movements, so why it only does one is beyond me. Very confusing system.

Last edited:

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
<snip> ... the Seat Sound System is disappointing (so far). But plenty of time to get to know it all better over the weekend.

I'm wainting...:funk:

About the sound system how bad it is?

I may have jumped the gun! I suppose I was hoping it would be as good as the Bose system in my old Mazda 6 Sport, and was dissapointed it wasn't.

But after a few days days use, and now the speakers are better run-in, it's actually very impressive. Not as expansive a sound as the Bose, and the bass can be a little boomy, but it's light years ahead of my Focus Zetec stereo. To be honest, I'm loving it — well worth the extra cost.

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
Finally got round to taking some photos.

leon2_zps2pecmbvt.jpg

leon1_zpsy4nixd89.jpg

leon5_zpswrfy1sdz.jpg

leon7_zps2xahldit.jpg

leon4_zps8tuw4dca.jpg

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
Looks smart that can't wait to get mine

Chief

Jun 5, 2012
Hi all,

Quick question. I'm looking at ordering a 1.4tsi (125) on lease as I've been offered a great lease deal (£194pm) 1+23 10k p.a. Would like the 150 engine but i do less than 8k a year so doesn't bother me too much.

It's a 1.4tsi fr tech and i was wondering if it comes with the convenience pack as standard? Or even just an anti dim mirror as that's all I really want, maybe the auto lights too. Would be great if someone could clarify.

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
As far as I'm aware the convenience pack includes the auto dim mirror and auto lights as well as auto wipers they do not come standard

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
I've ordered one with convenience pack and it lists those as parts of it