2017 Leon!!!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I think engines are bed in to a degree on a dyno before installation so they are slightly run in before they are even put in the car. I took it relatively easy for the first 1000 miles only going over 3k revs a handful of times

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
I think engines are bed in to a degree on a dyno before installation so they are slightly run in before they are even put in the car. I took it relatively easy for the first 1000 miles only going over 3k revs a handful of times
Yeah I'll do that, when I get time to read the handbook I'll see what seat recommend

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
There's some pretty tempting leasing deals on the FR 1.4 (125hp) at the moment. 35+6 - £1000 then £167 a month seems good?

Anyone who's made the switch from a pre-facelift to a facelift model, is there much of a difference in terms of equipment, soundproofing and general quality of the interior?

My current Leon's got a few rattles and an annoying wind whistle when you get to about 60mph (63 plate 1.2 SE Tech) but is otherwise sound. Trying to talk myself (and my wife) into a new one!

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Our 2017 1.4 150 FR is coming at the end of the month. Its coming with Seat Sound, ACC, convenience Pack, driver assist pack and spare wheel in mystery blue. On a 2 year lease it's £1k initial followed by 23 x around £205, 10k miles per year.

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
Our 2017 1.4 150 FR is coming at the end of the month. Its coming with Seat Sound, ACC, convenience Pack, driver assist pack and spare wheel in mystery blue. On a 2 year lease it's £1k initial followed by 23 x around £205, 10k miles per year.

Where from?

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
There's some pretty tempting leasing deals on the FR 1.4 (125hp) at the moment. 35+6 - £1000 then £167 a month seems good?

Anyone who's made the switch from a pre-facelift to a facelift model, is there much of a difference in terms of equipment, soundproofing and general quality of the interior?

My current Leon's got a few rattles and an annoying wind whistle when you get to about 60mph (63 plate 1.2 SE Tech) but is otherwise sound. Trying to talk myself (and my wife) into a new one!

I made the switch from the same car you have (but 66 plate) to the 150 1.4 fr facelift and it's like another car all together I love it. The fr is a much nicer place to be than the se dynamic tech was and engine is loads better with loads more power and torque although mine is the 150 as mentioned. I'd highly recommend

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
Need some help here, struggling to find in the owners manual where it says how to bed the car in

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
Need some advice, my Leon behaves weirdly on start-up, it starts instantly but makes a strange sound like a pully and then it sits at 1100 rpm for a about 30 seconds sounds louder than normal and then after that drops to about 800rpm and is silent, any ideas? Does everyone else's Leon do this? Thanks.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Should say something along the lines of don't exceed 2/3rds of max rpms and top speed.

I guess that means no more than 4k in petrol 3.3k in Diesel....for my IBiza petrol I took it easy (max 3k rpm) for first 500 miles, and from 500-1000 miles took it to 4k few times, and after 1k miles...sometimes to redline. ;)

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
Need some advice, my Leon behaves weirdly on start-up, it starts instantly but makes a strange sound like a pully and then it sits at 1100 rpm for a about 30 seconds sounds louder than normal and then after that drops to about 800rpm and is silent, any ideas? Does everyone else's Leon do this? Thanks.

I think this is normal. Mine does this too

MonopolyIL

Jun 3, 2017

That's perfectly normal, most [or all] cars do it on cold-start.
its gives more fuel to the engine to warm it up quickly
in carburetor cars u had to do it manually with a "choke"

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
That's perfectly normal, most [or all] cars do it on cold-start.
its gives more fuel to the engine to warm it up quickly
in carburetor cars u had to do it manually with a "choke"
Only thing that worries me is my 14 year old fabia vrs doesn't do that haha

MonopolyIL

Jun 3, 2017
I may have jumped the gun! I suppose I was hoping it would be as good as the Bose system in my old Mazda 6 Sport, and was dissapointed it wasn't.

But after a few days days use, and now the speakers are better run-in, it's actually very impressive. Not as expansive a sound as the Bose, and the bass can be a little boomy, but it's light years ahead of my Focus Zetec stereo. To be honest, I'm loving it — well worth the extra cost.

how many speakers do you have in the sound system?
in my country its available in 8 or 10 speakers config - the 2 extra are subwoofer and center

Only thing that worries me is my 14 year old fabia vrs doesn't do that haha

it might do it without you noticing. in my car [automatic] its only noticeable if the car is NOT in gear

Last edited:

brawny

May 15, 2017
Arggggghhhh! Just been told that my delivery has slipped from build week 23 (which is this week) to week 29! 29!!!! Apparently due to demand on the alloy wheels. I'd upgraded mine to the diamond cut ones. So this may impact others on here too.

Ordered mid-March.

Aren't there changes due beyond week 25? What are they and does this mean my car would receive these changes?

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
Im so glad i took a cancellation order when i ordered mine as i dont think i could of waited that long lol!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Arggggghhhh! Just been told that my delivery has slipped from build week 23 (which is this week) to week 29! 29!!!! Apparently due to demand on the alloy wheels. I'd upgraded mine to the diamond cut ones. So this may impact others on here too.

Ordered mid-March.

Aren't there changes due beyond week 25? What are they and does this mean my car would receive these changes?

Week 22. So it was always going to be model year 18 anyway. Basically nothing major has changed.

gbengaajai

Mar 23, 2017
Week 22. So it was always going to be model year 18 anyway. Basically nothing major has changed.
What sites that mean? I was told the same thing. Model year 18 but the plate won't be 18. Do what sites that really mean?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Knapster026

Jun 8, 2017
Alright guys, took delivery of my new Leon 1.4 FR Technology last week, now I'm sure when it was dropped off it was just the front LED lights on but I've noticed in the last couple of days the rear LED lights are on constantly, light switches are all turned off, is this normal or am i missing something?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.