2017 Leon!!!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Congrats dude.
Ordered mine in March and still waiting for delivery shipped since last month. I think the ship had to stop at China before coming to uk cause I don't have any other logical explanations.
My dealer is telling new few more weeks when it arrives to collect. So maybe this month is not possible.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Did the dealer tell you the ship its' on and you did the tracking the ship exercise? It's so painful to do that, I know...and the ship travels oh so slowly...

gbengaajai

Mar 23, 2017
Did the dealer tell you the ship its' on and you did the tracking the ship exercise? It's so painful to do that, I know...and the ship travels oh so slowly...
He didn't tell me anything. I just call seat CS for information. Luckily the car got to uk last week and I'm picking it up on Friday. Can't wait.

MrRilo

Jun 4, 2016
Buxton, Derbyshire
Probably port of Sheerness in Kent is where it gets dropped off..

Not necessarily.

Last year I got a call from the dealer saying my FR had arrived in the country and he would let me know when it was released for delivery, started to get very excited as you can imagine.

He then rang me the next day to say it was in port at Sheerness but mine was to be delivered to Port of Tyne! Had to wait for it to drop off in Sheerness then sail to Port of Tyne, this took a week.

Very frustrating.

gbengaajai

Mar 23, 2017
Not necessarily.

Last year I got a call from the dealer saying my FR had arrived in the country and he would let me know when it was released for delivery, started to get very excited as you can imagine.

He then rang me the next day to say it was in port at Sheerness but mine was to be delivered to Port of Tyne! Had to wait for it to drop off in Sheerness then sail to Port of Tyne, this took a week.

Very frustrating.
I tried to take my mind off it when I was told. All I know is I'll get it before end if the month. Now I'm getting it in 2 days.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Not necessarily.

Very frustrating.

Oh.. I see...I'm guessing because I live in London (and Kent isn't too far), that was my port of call.

MrRilo

Jun 4, 2016
Buxton, Derbyshire
Oh.. I see...I'm guessing because I live in London (and Kent isn't too far), that was my port of call.
Yes I guess so. Mine was going to SEAT Huddersfield. Did offer to drive to Sheerness when it was there, but they wouldn't let me ☺

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Yes I guess so. Mine was going to SEAT Huddersfield. Did offer to drive to Sheerness when it was there, but they wouldn't let me ☺

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Me too, they said, that won't be possible, as we (not sure if they mean SEAT or DVLA) needs to register it, get the licence plate, insure it (1 yr free) then remove the 'transport mode' (eg...if you steal it, it tops out at only 20mph hee hee), prep the car, bla bla bla. Mine was 'delayed' 2-3 weeks because they stopped Alor Blue on Ibizas in Oct 2016, but I ordered mine in Aug, so they had to get the paint im guessing from Leon production line..

By the way my car had 'extreme' condensation in the headlamps for a week, maybe it wasn't used to English weather coming from sunny Barcelona or perhaps it was seasick for 1 week making the journey, or crying as it was homesick :rofl:

Last edited:

rizzy

May 15, 2017
20 weeks after ordering, I finally received my Leon today!

Gone from an Audi A5 Black Edition to Leon 1.4 TSI 150 5 door in monsoon grey with convenience and storage pack.

First impressions are very good, smooth drive yet powerful, sturdy, interior doesn't feel cheap at all.

Will try and get some pics up!

rizzy

May 15, 2017
Is there a way to get hill assist to work? I could've sworn it was there in the brochure as a feature but definitely not working..

rizzy

May 15, 2017
Hill assist only works above a certain gradient, I believe it is 3%, thought mine wasn't working at first. Have also read somewhere that this figure can be altered with obdeleven.

Ok thanks, although i have used it on gradients >3% and def not working. I'll have a play around and see. Cheers.

brawny

May 15, 2017
Mine was built week 27 and just been told it's now in a U.K. Port awaiting delivery to the dealership. I've been told that I should have it by the end of the month. Ordered mid-March (1.4 150 FR)

rizzy

May 15, 2017
Mine was built week 27 and just been told it's now in a U.K. Port awaiting delivery to the dealership. I've been told that I should have it by the end of the month. Ordered mid-March (1.4 150 FR)

You should have it within 2 weeks then. Same wait time as me.

brawny

May 15, 2017
You should have it within 2 weeks then. Same wait time as me.

Was originally quoted end of May/mid June but slipped apparently due to shortage of the alloy wheels and the 1.4 engine. What colour did you go for? I've gone with Desire Red but haven't seen one in the flesh.

rizzy

May 15, 2017
Was originally quoted end of May/mid June but slipped apparently due to shortage of the alloy wheels and the 1.4 engine. What colour did you go for? I've gone with Desire Red but haven't seen one in the flesh.

I went for Monsoon Grey. Desire Red is very nice! Saw it at my local dealer on a Leon.

Peter W

Aug 8, 2014
Larne, County Antrim
Got my FR in mystery blue from the dealers 2 hours ago. Sad to say farewell to the 2014 emocion red FR, but hey, every cloud has a silver lining! Think I might go for another spin....

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Ok thanks, although i have used it on gradients >3% and def not working. I'll have a play around and see. Cheers.

Is there a way to get hill assist to work? I could've sworn it was there in the brochure as a feature but definitely not working..

You have to turn it on with the button below the handbrake button, it has an 'a' on it or something like that. The led will light up on the button and then it'll work. Auto hold will hold the car indefinitely on any gradient with a firm push on the brake pedal, then simply drive away and it auto releases when your clutch is lifted slightly.