Thai's grey mk1 Cupra R

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Thanks, its still a long way off where I want to be with it but fingers crossed next month will see to this somewhat.
My girls are off to Disney at Easter so I'm going to book a couple of days off work to start attacking the interior - lots of tricks bits awaiting their new home here.

A little teaser...
1158c4b62d3879ac63cdcf8b4105dcb1.jpg

Although in the meantime I'm hoping to get it washed tomorrow and will post a pic or 2 of its current guise since its wheel and suspension changes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Completely custom Bora Sport full FIS cluster with colour MFA.
I had them in my FR TDI (hence the 5k rev counter)
They were supposed to be getting the eeprom modified this afternoon so I could run the 7k petrol rev counter foil but my friend was side swiped by a minibus on the way to my house ruling that out for another week.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Someone's going to be busy lol I normally take a few days off just to clean my car haha yours looks more productive

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Someone's going to be busy lol I normally take a few days off just to clean my car haha yours looks more productive
Absolutely, it's always a struggle for me to find time to work on my own cars so I often have to plan way in advance which inevitably means the jobs pile up.
I'll always grab an opportunity like mentioned by the bollocks to squeeze in as much as possible.

So far the things I can think of I want to get done whilst they're away are:

Completely gut interior to lay sound deadening and run cables for sub, amp, DAB and possibly reverse camera.

Install double din centre consoles

Install custom Bora Sport colour MFA cluster and tap into the CCM for door open warnings.

Install S3 illuminated vents & loom

Seat sport gearknob

Swap headlining for one I've modified to accept illuminated sun visors and centre sun visor.

Black W8 Passat interior light and loom

Run the auto dimming rear view mirror loom (mirror to be fitted at a later date as the windscreen will need changing)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Was this colour a premium choice for MK1? It definitely sets it off once the splitter is on.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I do posts for the forum Instagram account, if you have 6 or more of your favourites I'd like to get this car on for a day of posts. The MK1 seems to go down rather well.

DM me if you fancy it.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
So I have given my LCR a name "Last Chance Really" as apparently I say that every time something goes wrong with it, as in "this is the last chance really , your'e off to the scrappy next".
Secondly cosmetically the car is a state and certainly looks like its been in the scrappy's when compared to yours, I just dont have the facilities to maintain it the way it deserves.