Infotainment system doesn't like warm weather?

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Hi all. It seems to be my infotainment system cuts out randomly when it's hot outside? Cupra 290.

It did it a few weeks ago and it's now done it numerous times today. But it's not fixed itself like before. The system doesn't know the ignition is turned on and the volume controls don't work on the steering wheel. It also keeps turning on and off!!

The car is 2 months old. Has anyone had the same problem? Any ideas?

Just a little edit because I've explained it so bad. When I turn my ignition on now the infotainment system doesnt turn on I have to do it manually and whne I turn the ignition off and lock the car the infotainment system stays on!

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Sounds as if you need to take it back to the dealer.

If the issues are random and intermittent it’s worth videoing it to show to the dealer, because the chances are, it won’t do it when you take your car back to the dealer!

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Going to ring up tomoz. In the mean time I'll have a little play and there's always disconnecting the battery..

The infotainment has completely lost comms to everything. It thinks the ignition isn't switched on. So none of it works apart from the radio. Can't even use Bluetooth... There's got to be a loose wire somewhere!!

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Ok update. The system has been restarting all day whilst driving and it now seems to be linked. Not sure if it's to do with a bump in the road knocking it into shape. I will keep a close eye on the situation

Keeps going on about Park pilot being unavailable. Might be issue with the front assist

Last edited:

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
You definetly have an issue. Had mine 6 months and its never reset or froze even once.

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Dealer's problem - make sure you go soon so they can't pretend it isn't.

You definetly have an issue. Had mine 6 months and its never reset or froze even once.

Ringing up tomorrow. See how long the wait is to get in. Might ask for a diagram of the wiring see if one of the plugs is loose. It's done it again today seems to be when the heat in the cabin is unbearable then at night it sorts itself out. Shouldn't be an issue though on a brand new car...

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Try to recording the problem.my screen replaced for different issues after a big and rude argument and some weeks later.

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Try to recording the problem.my screen replaced for different issues after a big and rude argument and some weeks later.

Only footage I have is started the car and the infotainment system not booting up. Also a few messages saying function disabled switch ignition on etc. Not a fan of dealers hate taking my car round they only want to sell. Don't look afte anything!

I'm yet to snap it saying anything about parkpilot.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Only footage I have is started the car and the infotainment system not booting up. Also a few messages saying function disabled switch ignition on etc. Not a fan of dealers hate taking my car round they only want to sell. Don't look afte anything!

I'm yet to snap it saying anything about parkpilot.
They are useless b@stards however car under warranty so have to deal with them.costumer service same rubbish but you try to complain about main dealer.
Small things fix myself.no point to go there or call them.

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
well for sure its not down to hot weather ....i am leaving in Greece and once you parkl the car at the sun its like an oven inside but i never had an issue with the infotainment system ....therefore you should visit the dealer ...to check it.....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise